Best DLP HDTV Fromt Projector for under $8000

Last response: in Home Theatre
April 1, 2005 7:10:48 AM

That's my limit! (This may start a dispute of the relative merits of
DLP vs LCD, but I want the very best contrast.)
I will want a projector capable of a 12' wide image with
reasonable brightness on a reflective screen of some sort. The
projector will only be used in a totally dark room.
Your help much appreciated.
Frank
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 10:11:23 AM

"frank1492" <frank1492@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> That's my limit! (This may start a dispute of the relative merits of
> DLP vs LCD, but I want the very best contrast.)
> I will want a projector capable of a 12' wide image with
> reasonable brightness on a reflective screen of some sort. The
> projector will only be used in a totally dark room.

http://www.avsforum.com

Is a better place to look as they have alot of projector people there and
you can get screen info there as well.

Pretty much all of the new commercial projectors are 3 element DLP based
which allows all of the brightness and sharpness but without the rainbow or
shimmering effects of the consumer single element DLP + colour wheel type
designs.