Intel D845GEBV2 RAM Compatability

crazyhandpuppet

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
I need to upgrade the RAM in an Intel D845GEBV2 Motherboard. By spec the board only supports up to DDR-333 (PC2700) modules, but some boards are able to accept DDR-400 (PC3200) modules and then run the sticks at the lower speed - others don't like it at all. Does anyone have any experience with the board to know if I can use DDR-400 or if I need to use DDR-333. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Edit: Also, does anyone know if the board is dual-channel? I cant seem to find any info on that.

Does anyone have any experience with the board to know if I can use DDR-400 or if I need to use DDR-333.

DDR 400 is backward compatible to 333 mhz.

Also, does anyone know if the board is dual-channel? I cant seem to find any info on that

Apparently not. The mfg. product website does not state dual channel capability.

http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/bv2/

crazyhandpuppet

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
I know that the memory is backward compatible, and I usually do just use DDR 400 most of the time, but I've encountered boards from time to time that don't like to accept the higher speed RAM and require the use of DDR 333. That's why I'm asking about this board specifically. I also didn't see anything regarding dual-channel capability.

Thanks Badge!