Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I'm not sure what this is, it's happened before, things start messing up and I had to reboot. Can anyone explain what this error is and if possible maybe a fixing solution?

raiderrornq3.jpg

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
i usually go Run from start menu and

chkdsk x: /v /r /x

where x is the drive letter... It will probably complain about not being able to do so until it reboots which you just say yes to and reboot... on reboot it should run the check disk....it could take some time ~1hr

thezorfo

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
To add data to the discussion:

I have experienced the following for the last six months trying to get my raid 1 to work… all of the following scenarios are using Western Digital hard drives.

I have the asus p5k-e deluxe P35 and ICHR9 chipsets, loaded with XP, my raid 0 is two 74 gb raptors and they work like a champ.

My raid 1 will only work if I use less than 300 gb hard drives. A pair of 100 gb will initialize and format, a pair of 200gb will initialize and format, a pair of 250 will initialize and format, yet when I use a set of 300 gb they will initialize and then during the format process one or both hard drives will fault, the same signature when I use 400 gb (two new sets) and also when I use a new set of 500 gb, the 500gb actually initialized and formatted without error.

After the 500 gb array formatted I started transferring data onto the mirror raid and 35 minutes into the transfer, one of the drives was reported to have failed, as per the screenshot seen in the beginning of this thread.

I can use any of these drives as a single sata drive and format and load with them with data till the moon turns blue, I just cannot use my 300 gb or larger hd’s in a mirror raid configuration without the array faulting on this m/b chipset.

Having sent the original m/b in due to this signature and when the m/b was replaced the same issue is present.
What I have not done yet, is try another brand of hard drives being loyal to WD.

Any suggestions?

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
This is what I have in there:

x2 Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA 10KRPM 16MB NCQ 5YR MFR Warranty Hard Drives

x2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache NCQ Hard Drives

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
K well now I can load vista cause it says something about error and i should put in cd and do the repair.

Does this mean one of my hd's have failed?

peterveldman

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
ok, i have the same error with windows vista, but when i boot xp (dual boot same raid) it works fine :S

does anyone have a clue?