Computer Crash without

dullahan29

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I'm using windows xp professionals sp3
Recently my computer started to crash pretty often. Once a day to as much as every 4 hours. There is no blue screen. The computer just crashes, comes to a halt. Screen still on but nothing moves. No messages error so i dont have a clue what might be wrong. Only thing i can check is the event viewer in which i found 2 events (application) might be related to the crash as the timestamps indicated it happened right before the crash. Which are :
1 -
Source : Service Layer
Event ID : 0
Description : The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ServiceLayer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

2-
Source : UHPClean
Event ID : 1001
Description : User profile hive cleanup service version 1.6.30.0 started successfully.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Other than the two there are no other events.
I did virus scan, hard disks check. But nothing comes up.
I'm really confused. Any help is really much appreciated. Thank you.