Sign in with
Your question

After Bios Update & Reset, Problems booting

Last response: in Overclocking
November 7, 2007 9:32:57 PM

I updated my Bios on my Dell Dimension 4700 about 2 months ago. After the update my computer would'nt do anything but diagnostic beeps. Dell's site let me know the series of beeps meant a BIOS problem and instructed me to reset the BIOS. After resetting the Bios my computer started, but not easily. It takes anywhere from 5 to 25 attempts of turning the computer on and off to finally boot up. When it does'nt boot all that comes up is - "X300 SE 128MB BIOS P/N 113-A33406-100"

After many attempts it will finally boot, and be fine, that is till its turned off. I try to keep it on all the time so I don't have to go thru all that over and over. I've checked setup and the booting order is fine.

Any one have any ideas? Thanks.
November 7, 2007 10:27:00 PM

I'd reflash the BIOS. If the same problem occurs with the latest BIOS, try a previous version
November 7, 2007 10:38:38 PM

I'll give it a try and let ya know. Thanks
Related resources
November 8, 2007 10:54:42 AM

Yes try that. What was the reason for flashing the BIOS? Did you experience any problems before the flash?
August 2, 2008 7:23:16 PM

Follow this link and look for article called "Overcoming Problems" It really worked for me, because I had the same problem.

http://mikefolan.com/

BigWhiskie.. :D 
June 17, 2009 3:39:09 PM

Almost Same Problem. Updated BIOS and the computer would not reboot. Bios beep claimed no memory RAM. Rest system by unplugging and removing back-up battery. Was told this was a way to reset cmos . Problems solved computer booted and just had to set Time and Date. Later read there is also a CLR CMOS Jumper "http://www.fixya.com/support/p349329-dell_dimension_470..." For More Info.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2009 11:59:17 PM

Had same problem ended up it was the new memory I had added. Once I took the new memory out everything worked, so I could install windows on the new hard drive, updated windows and all is good
!