Need firewall suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD212

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
I've been using just a router as a firewall for quite a while but recently had to eliminate the router while Time Warner diagnoses some issues on their end. Without the Router I am left relying completely on Windows Firewall and i don't suspect that is the best choice. So to better secure my system going forward I'm in the market for a good Firewall. I game a lot so I'm not looking for anything that is too restrictive or requires me to know tons of technical terms. Just something that keeps me fairly safe assuming I don't do stupid things.

Ideas?

Solution
Use the free Comodo below. And if u have AV already installed, just uncheck the AV installation in the Comodo. Its easy to configure it.

Download just the firewall, if that's all what u need.

U can use free Avast along with free Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall that is free, but got great results in defending your PC. And u can configure it to your satisfaction with ease.
Avast! -- Free Antivirus
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -- helps you defeat Malware once and for all
SUPERAntiSpyware -- Advanced Detection and Removal
Comodo Internet Security -- The best free Firewall
Use the free Comodo below. And if u have AV already installed, just uncheck the AV installation in the Comodo. Its easy to configure it.

Download just the firewall, if that's all what u need.

U can use free Avast along with free Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall that is free, but got great results in defending your PC. And u can configure it to your satisfaction with ease.
Avast! -- Free Antivirus
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -- helps you defeat Malware once and for all
SUPERAntiSpyware -- Advanced Detection and Removal
Comodo Internet Security -- The best free Firewall

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.