Sign in with
Your question

Need water cooling solution for my setup

Last response: in Overclocking
November 7, 2007 10:15:42 PM

I have a 2-part question, first let's start with the hardware I own. I recently bought these:
GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe
Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card
COOLER MASTER GeminII RR-CCH-ANU2-GP CPU+ Board Cooler

I bought the Cooler Master Gemini because it was dirt cheap on sale and thought that it would help my temps. However it requires two 120mm fans to run on top of it. I decided to wait on the fans and find a water cooling solution because I wanted to keep it as quiet as possible.

1. What would you expect to get out of the hardware as far as overclocking, I know a lot of people have the E6600 but I couldn’t find anything on the motherboard or memory.

2. What cooling solution would you recommend that would still be quiet. I have looked at the Koolance PC4-1024SL but it is pretty expensive. I have an older case now that should be replaced. I couldn’t find any reviews on the Koolance products so any feedback would be appreciated.
November 9, 2007 2:58:14 PM

First off most of the p35 are at least decent overclockers, as are the e6600. That being said, you will not actually know the limits of your own personal hardware until you actually test it, b/c each piece of silicon seems to be a little different (meaning, each proc overclocks to different limits.)

As far as the watercooling goes...

I initially got the Gigabyte Galaxy II watercooling solution. While this watercooling setup is not bad by any means (its afforadable and you get to reap the benefits of watercooling) the setup is very...umm...out of the box. After awhile i strived to do different things with my watercooling setup and you just can't do that with an out of the box type setup.

I moved to DangerDen. They are, by far, the best watercooling solution by far in my opinion. I eventually bought a couple of fillports (one to drain the rig in the back and one on top for the fillport resevoir), a nice pump, some larger grade tubing, and some better coolant and I am loving it.

The lead advantage I have found with using a custom set up is that there is more of a variety of ways that you can put to the colling setup in your rig. Trust me--this makes a big difference. With the put of the box setups everything seems to be proprietary and large--which isnt good if your trying to fit everything in a case.

anyways, hope this helps.
!