Sign in with
Your question

This computer shop are tring to steal me??

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Computer
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 28, 2007 10:33:37 PM

Hi, can you guys belive this:

my PSU started to malfunction so I went to the computer shop for a replacement since it still was in the guarantee, i then waited that they make tests and a few days later (today) they gave me, a supposedly by me, new PSU, although I estranged the guarantee seal being riped off.

When i arrive to home i notice that the ATX power plug in the PSU had 2 pins melted down, when i didn´t even power plugeed it, so i went again to the PC shop and they gave me a new one, but this one had also the sticker that says guarantee voided if sticker riped off, which was the case, and so i din´t wanted but the stupid employee said that that is normal the fabricants giving the products like that with the guarantee voided, and if i go to any shop even not PC related, they all would do that, he keept talking and talking, insisted that is a normal procedure and that he even knowed that i already received products in that way in others shops!!!!! I said how do you know that? he said he knows someone knows me said that!! I know that i already rma a few pc products but i can´t remenber none with the warranty voided, if that was the case i certenely returned. I never belived his words So i said that i only acept a new PSU in conditions or the original PSU repaired by the fabricant which was what he said it would do, send to repair but that i could wait more than a month.

Can this be possible??

Another thing, he shooed my original PSU with the same pins of the first replaced PSU also melt down, which i never notice!

He also said that if he wanted he didn´t had to give me no PSU replacement, because the my mobo or other my PC component was the culpright of the ATX power plug being burned of my original PSU, but i also think he is wrong because it can be also the PSU fault, right??

What you guys think??

My history with this pc shop has been short but with lots of sh***t for they part, i don´t want to go into details, i only say this:

formated my PC without saying a word

and, i never thought or heard any computer shop that did that, they installed the O.S. with an administrator password which only they know, and i was left with visitor account!!!

Said for them install the correct O.S. because they installed the Portuguese one and i wanted the English one, which was the one i had prevously, and they charged me 60 euros more, wich i ended not paing.

More about : computer shop tring steal

August 28, 2007 11:06:45 PM

Pretty sure I'd be calling the Department of Fair Trading, but that's for Australia. Those are VERY poor business practices, I would NEVER go back there again, and make sure you tell others not to go there. Small businesses rely on a good reputation and customer service to compete with larger companies, so if you give them a bad reputation, you may get them shut down or at least moved. Either way, I'd be calling whatever organisation (if you have one) that deals with bad business practices like this.
August 28, 2007 11:09:07 PM

Boot in to Safe mode and create a new log in account to get you to windows with administrative privelidge. Then delete their account with the password you don't have.
Related resources
August 28, 2007 11:12:47 PM

I have installed a lot of power supplies for nothing and even gave a couple away (and istalled them) to my son's friends. Find some one else to install it and possibly even teach you how.
August 29, 2007 7:12:11 AM

He also said that if he wanted he didn´t had to give me no PSU replacement, because the my mobo or other my PC component was the culpright of the ATX power plug being burned of my original PSU, but i also think he is wrong because it can be also the PSU fault, right??
August 30, 2007 1:26:13 AM

Yes, it sounds like they have cheap PSU's and they melt when powered up.
August 30, 2007 1:51:07 AM

DONT LET THEM STEAL YOU!!!
August 30, 2007 5:36:12 AM

ruibexiga said:

That's not the point, if it's under warranty and it fails, he is obligated to replace it unless you dropped it and it broke or something.
August 30, 2007 4:59:42 PM

I would never accept a PSU whose "warranty voided" sticker was ripped off or torn. You have no idea what someone monkeyed with in there.

I'd stick with top-tier PSUs like OCZ, PC P&C, Seasonic, Silverstone, etc. I'd also get one that could provide a little more power than the system needed, so you have some headroom for future additions (second HDD, optical drive, etc.)

Regards,

Altazi
!