PC Gaming Shop Options

Slogh

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
I am currently looking to get a new PC predominantly for Gaming, though I would need it to be capable of .NET and ASP.NET development as well. I really don't have alot of time to build my own system at this time, and am looking at some of the PC Gaming Shops. Can anyone make any suggestions on reputable companies based on the below criteria.

Relatively Fair Pricing - I know it is going to cost me more to buy the PC from an existing shop. I just don't want it to be ridiculously expensive in comparison to what I would pay building it myself.

Quality & Stability - I want someone who is going to use quality parts, and most importantly, it will arrive stable. I do not want to spend a bunch of time troubleshooting a system that is unstable.

I know that IBuyPower and CyberPower both have relatively inexpensive prices, but I know that they also don't have a real high quality rating. Alienware is just ridiculously expensive and not worth the cost. If anyone has had experiences with these or any other companies that suggests they would be viable alternatives to building my own, I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
The last preassembled computer I bought, which was 5 ot 6 years ago, I bought from here. They use name brand parts and even send you the box they came in. Cheaper to build yourself but they're not outrageously priced if you don't want to build.
http://www.jncs.com/

itotallybelieveyou

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
Go to your local pc shop and have them build it for you so even if your new pc does break down you don't have to go with shipping it around the world to get it fixed. Seriously research your parts and just give your local computer shop (not futureshop or big stores but small pc stores) your specs and they'll get it done for you.

We have a local shop around here that will put your computer together (with the parts you buy from them) for $20 more!! Now I think that is only for the labor and not for any OS installs. There prices are just a bit over newegg's on most everything, but I've heard good things about them. The only drawback would be if you didn't live near by, because of the previously stated issue(s) with shipping back bad parts.

Price or comfort?

To get the lowest price you can lay your hands on. I say, Search the internet and build it with yourown hands. But if something went wrong (the parts are defect, etc.) you 'll have to send it back and so on. (g-paw's advice)

To get better comfort. I say, go for a retail shop in your town and have the PCs done for you. it is pricy but you can have better sleep at night. (itotallybe lieveyou's advice)

These choices have their own positives and negatives. So choose what best for you.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

it would be hard for me to use that shop, I'm in the UK :lol: