Hello Pam Summers;
Do you need to rescue any files off your hard disk before the recovery?
See if this recovery procedure will work for you.
1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.
-> Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.
7) Click Next to Start recovery.