WPA-PSK using TKIP encryptor connection problem

fiddlefuzz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
My conection problem
My Wireless Connection is WPA-PSK with TKIP encryptor. After i enter the pass key I can be connected to the internet and be able to use the internet only for a while. After about 1 minute I am unable to use the internet eventhough my status is still Connected.

G

Does the connection work reliably if you turn off encryption temporarily in the router ?

fiddlefuzz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
There are 2 other people in the house using the same wireless, but neither of them have the connection problem that I do. I was wondering if the fact that I use Windows XP SP3 Japanese version could cause this problem. If not is there a way to check if the wireless adapter is broken?

G

Suggest you do try it because not applying the correct passphrase or the correct encryption type is a frequent cause of problems and turning off encryption would at least narrow down the cause.

I have connected Japanese and Korean Windows users to UK systems without problems (apart the obvious language and slight ergonomic differences between English and those versions).