/ Sign-up
Your question

Power Adapter for External Hard Drive?

  • Power Adapter
  • External Hard Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 3, 2008 9:17:09 AM

Does anyone know a place where I can pick up one of those four pin A/C adapters for an external hard drive? I have a really nice external HD, and I may have misplaced the A/C adapter for it (I haven't really looked around too hard for it yet). I did a brief search over at new egg, and couldn't find anything.

More about : power adapter external hard drive

January 3, 2008 1:17:38 PM

Check the manufacturers website. The often sell spare parts.
I'm assuming in your case its a generic enclosure, so -

Look online for brand that also sue the 4-pin power connector eg Thermaltake, Antec, Coolermaster, Vantec etc

The 4 Pin connectors are universal. If the pin-outs (+5 GND GND +12) are the same, then you could use one of these to replace your missing one.
Related resources
April 25, 2008 8:34:37 PM

go to They should be able to help you out.
November 23, 2011 10:02:00 PM

Also available here:
Select the English / American flag on the left.