Socket 775 Heatsink Question

Daves255

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I hate the 775 socket for one simple reason. I hate how the heatsinks have to be installed. You either have to use the locking pins which I don't trust AT ALL or I have to remove the motherboard to install a backplate. What ever happened to being able to bolt on a CPU fan or lock it in without having to use a crappy installation method or remove the motherboard? The bigger question I have though is will the next line of Intel motherboards have the same heatsink locking design? If so, I'm going to /wrists.

paq7512

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
I don't know if anyone on this board could tell you. But maybe someone could. We would have to have some special intel into Intel. ROFL. AMD used to have some sockets that sucked too, more recent is the 462 and 754.

Daves255

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks. I just hope they don't use the effing 775 locking pins again. I was in tears trying to get them to click in to place =(. I can even deal with taking out the motherboard to install the heatsink.

I still have nightmares...

raptorxt

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
i also hated the d a m n heatsink installation
putting that much pressure on the cpu scared me a little

intel has been getting a lot of crap for the POS heatsinks so i'm thinking they will change the way the heatsinks are installed on the mobo

ooral

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007

Where do I sign up! I think the design will change, lots of people have complained about this.

TRENDING THREADS