EVGA OR NORMAL which is better?

Ra1der

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
HEEEEEEY :eek:

I am about to buy graphics cards for my mother board and I am not sure which ones are better for me as a hardcore gamer.

NVIDIA 8800 GTX

or

EVGA NVIDIA 8800 GTX SLI READY

I am thinking getting the second one because of the SLI so I could put two on my motherboard, but its a videocard so is there any difference between graphic card and video card?
Which one would give better performance?

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Where are you buying this from? All 8800 GTX's are SLI-capable. Nvidia doesn't make the cards themselves, they have other companies (such as eVGA) make the cards. EVGA is a very well-known, well-respected company. I'm intrigued as to whom the manufacturer is for the "NVIDIA 8800 GTX" you're questioning about.

AdamJ

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004
The ONLY companies I would consider are EVGA, BFG or XFX. Go with EVGA if you have the choice. They have the step up program which is well worth it. Great support and I think a lifetime warrantry or something like it.

raptorxt

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
i have always been pleased with the way evga has performed

i have only strayed from evga once and went to an apollo card and i absolutely hated the way it performed

and i tend to agree with MrsBytch about a hardcore gamer

and i would think that a "hardcore gamer" knows that a videocard and graphics card are the same thing

oh yeah and don't SLI

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
an Evga branded 8800GTX is pretty much like any other 8800GTX, that being said, I sent one of my 8800GTX's to get repaired and EVGA sent me back an Nvidia labeled GTX (green colored not Evga black), I was slightly pissed but it is still running.

SLI if you're a hard core gamer, it will improve your gaming. I know because I actually have SLI and know for sure.

Falken699

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
EVGA, always been happy with those guys.

Gamers on PC tend to like the tech more than the games sometimes (to a scary extent), console people tend to play for the sake of the game.

PC gaming is nice (beautiful even, brings a tear to me eye...) because it has such a huge hobby factor to it, like building RC cars and planes I guess, only you, ummm, get to frag people with... 5 more FPS for like a whole weekend's worth of tinkering. I like to think of it as gaming with a work ethic attached. Want your computer working well at work? Find out who the PC gamer is, he'll fix it, and set you up to game over lunch too!

Ahhh, the smell of Arctic Silver 5 in the morning...