Unable to install Vista on raid 0

alexia_net

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
Hi. I have an Abit IX38 QuadGT mobo and 2x160 Gb Samsung Sata hdds. I have configured them as raid 0, i have created the partitions, i have copied the drivers on a floppy and i have started to install Vista. During the process, at the beginning of installation it sais that it cannot install on the hard drives. I do not remember exactly the message, I will post it later today. Anyway, i have browsed for the drivers which I have on floppy, i have selected the one I need, but still it is not able to install Vista OS. I see the partitions, but I cannot install. Any ideas? Thank you!

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Don't use the floppy, and connect your system to the internet, through whatever built in ethernet you have.

Hopefully it should try to search windows update for drivers..

If for whatever reason you need the floppy, make sure you have the correct version (and only that version) x64 or x86 edition on the floppy, Vista can sometimes read the wrong edition.

Possibly you need to use two drivers from the disk.

alexia_net

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
Hi. I have found the correct drivers. The drivers they were talking about in the mobo book are not the right ones. I have found them in a different location. It works very nice. Thank you!