Home Network tasks...

I have been working on Networking my desktop and laptop with success and now
my next task will be networking my wife's desktop runing windows 98 second
edition with my desktop running Windows XP Home Edition so I can access her
drive and my desktop and laptop drive from either system. Any special
information I should know before I start digging into win98's help files?

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp
peterk

the problem
"Robert Bodling" <robertbodling@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have been working on Networking my desktop and laptop with success and
>now my next task will be networking my wife's desktop runing windows 98
>second edition with my desktop running Windows XP Home Edition so I can
>access her drive and my desktop and laptop drive from either system. Any
>special information I should know before I start digging into win98's help
>files?

I did not think I needed to repeat my previous posts since some one else
told me I was duplicating my messages... the previous subject thread
concerning "Network Printer" covered my topic quit helpful in setting up my
desktop system and laptop both running Windows XP Home Edition where I can
access both systems' hard drives and print on my desktop printer from my
laptop in the other room, but this message was intended to inquire
information about setting up my wife's computer running Windows 98 Second
Edition attached to the same network (cable modem and router) as my desktop
and laptop are so I can access her hard drive from my desktop or laptop
computer. I am able to access my hard drives of both desktop and laptop
from her system, but I can not access her hard drive from my desktop... Why
and how... what might I have missed in the Win98 Help File?