GA-N650SLI-DS4 -1st build, need help w/ drivers and such...

BABear70

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2007
You can say I'm pretty frustrated at this time... I have been trying for almost two weeks to solve my problem with no luck.

THis is my 1st build and I went nice and slow and researched a lot about my components.

Here is my set-up:

Mobo: GA-N650SLI-DS4
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 2.4
RAM: 4 GBs Corsair XMS
Video: 2 x EVGA NVIDIA 8600 GTS SLI
PS: NZXT 650 Watt SLI Certified
HDs: 1 WD Raptor 150GB + 2 WD Caviar 500GBs

After installation everything turned on OK (I have NOT installed both Vid card yet and I have only installed 2 GBs of RAM to avoid pissing off Vista Ultimate 64.

As Vista starts to load it gets to the point where it asks me where I want to install Windows at and looks for my main hard disk (the WD Raptor, I have not hooked up the other two drives yet) and Windos tells me that "No drives were found. Load device drivers..." I have looked and downloaded many, many drivers and NOTHING has worked. I was told it was an NVIDIA problem but I downloaded their drivers and no luck still.

The setting on my BIOS are DISABLED for RAID so it shouldn't need any drivers for RAID but it seems to be asking for them.

I'm not sure where to go from here... If I don't find a solution soon I will just have a very expensive paper weight...

Thanks for any help any of you can provide...

Regards,

BA...

royalcrown

Distinguished
yes, but the raid controller drivers also allow it to properly function with just one drive because it is all the same chip, even if the raid function is off. I don't do raid so I hope someone with an nvidia board will help, if not try the raid drivers, it wont hurt at this point.

I have a sata controller that doesn't show in windows, yet the sata raid driver will get it to work, even though I don't use it.