Update

AbuAK

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Hi
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
I have a problem with my Windows Update, in which it only updates a same update every single time, and before it wouldn't even update because of Background Intelligent Transfer Service issue where it was disabled and I had to go and enable it again.
A picture speaks a thousand words:
http://img220.imageshack.us/f/updateproblem.jpg/
I have tried virus scans, malware scans and everything in safe mode w/ networking and w/o networking maybe because of viruses and malwares, but still I have this problem.
And I could restore it to factory default but it would have all the useless software and I would rather avoid restoring as well.
And advice or help?

In Computer>Windows>Tools menu>View tick to Show Hidden Files and Folders" and untick "Hide Protected Files and Folders", accept the warning then click Apply OK your way out.

Then in the Windows folder find Software Distribution and delete th contents of the Download and Event Cache folders.

Empty the Recycle Bin and restart the computer and hopefully, what you've done will at worst cause a fresh download to come through or at best, end the matter completely.

AbuAK

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

I know this a newb question, but I how do I get to the Tools Menu?
Do I right click something, go settings on Drive C?