Asus p5n32-SLI premium 590i Overclock Help

aabot756

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
Hi all,

Im having some problems with my board at the moment let me give you system specififcations first quick,

Asus p5n32-SLI Premium 590i Wifi/AP Solo Edition
Intel Core2Duo E6320 @1.86GHz (4MB Chache)
2x Corsair Dominator"TWIN2x2048-6400C4D" 800MHz (4GB total Dual Channel)
BFG Nvidia Gefore 8800 GTX OC
ThermalTake Toughpower 750W PSU
Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case (+2Extra Fans)(8Fans in total inc GFX and CPU Fan)
Running Windows Vista Business 64bit

When I bought this PC Setup after 3 hours of gaming on 3D aplications the game would hard freeze the only way to get back control was to reset the PC, I never got a BSOD, memtest would hard freeze after 2-3 hours as well,

I put the Ram frequency on my motherboard settigns from 800MHz to 667Mhz and for some reason it worked perfectly no freezes no crashes, but as soon as i up the frequency anything higher I get crashes, I looked on the asus website and it says it only supports 800MHz Overclocked, well trust me ive got enough fans, theres 2 options I could do change the voltage (its at 2.1v) or change the memory timmings to increase the memory frequency (its on Auto) and I dont know the first thing about that so perhaps someone could help me with that.

My second Questions is after i sort out this Ram issue Id like to furthermore overclock the CPU to go to about 2.2GHz-2.6GHz i heard you can do that with the e6300 to perform just like an e6600, but I only want to perferably do it in Bios I dont know what VCore is or anything else like voltages and FSB so i was hopiong someone could help me with that too.

Thanks ever so much for any help you may provide in advance,

Rory

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
If you'd like to overclock your C2D i suggest you read the sticky at the top of the overclocking forum. It will tell you exactly how to overclock your cpu.Sorry I can't help with the memory issue.