May 26, 2006
Hi, i built this system:
Asus p5b-plus vista
2x1gb kingston value
seagate 320Gb
ati 2600PRO
Coolermaster REalpower 450W
Intel E6300 stock cooler

The system starts, everything seems to be fine but the bios doesnt show up, i get no signal through the vga output, i tried 3 gfx cards, that doesnt seem to be the problem.

i think that the motherboard bios does not support the cpu, how can i update the bios without seeing anything on the monitor?

what do you think is the problem??? :sleep: :fou:

michiganteddybear

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
actually, the system isn't starting at all it sounds like, only the power supply is turning on (and therefore fans, hdd spinup). I would verify that your board supports the cpu, and if a bios rev is needed, then your gonna need to find a cpu that will post with the current rev in order to update.

gybp

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
ok im researching and the board supports the e6300 from factrory, so no need to update the bios :S

Double check all connections are secure, especially the 4-pin cpu power. Also, disconnect anything that ins't required to boot such as optical drives, addon cards, usb ports, etc. Use only one stick of RAM as well. Clear the CMOS and then try to boot. If it still doesn't POST, try to borrow a different power supply and see if that works. If none of that works, you either have a short somewhere on the case, or your motherboard is bad.