Best 20-22" LCD

I will be doing some gaming along with video/internet usage using a 8800GTS 320 MB card. What make/model of LCD would you recommend?
Thx
15 answers Last reply
More about best
  1. I've always liked Samsung. We have a 42' HD LCD in our living room and I have no complaints so far. Samsung is amoung the top in display

other good companies are NEC (been around since the beginning, literally)
    and Sony
  2. I just got a Samsung 206BW which I really like... except that there is some light bleed-through at the top and bottom when viewing dark content. The color and speed are very good though.
  3. How much was the Samsung 206BW?
  4. I have an LG and a Viewsonic, both 20" widescreen. No complaints about either.
  5. Just remember if u want decent fps with a gts, a rez of 16x12 WILL cause issues.
    I managed to find a samsung 20" with 14x10, which is about the most my sys will handle.
  6. Would you suggest the 640 MB graphics card then?
  7. I just a few days ago got the LG L206WTY 20"...really like it so far.
  8. I got the 206BW for about $250.

-mcg
  9. mrmez said:
    Just remember if u want decent fps with a gts, a rez of 16x12 WILL cause issues.
    I managed to find a samsung 20" with 14x10, which is about the most my sys will handle.

Wow.. If thats the highest rez your system can handle you may have a problem. Im still using an x850xt with e6600 at 1920*1200. Not the smartest combo, but it gets the job done just fine.
  10. i have a acer 22" x221w paired with a 8800gts 320mb and i love the set up. i play all my games at native resolution of 1680x1050. i play bf2 at max everything except aa witch is at 4x and my fps dont drop below 110 and avarages around 180s. i do have my sstem overclocked like crazy but im happy with it. i recommend the acer x221w because its cheap and its also 8 bit panel.
  11. Samsung Syncmaster 226bw

Whatever A, B or C versions of this monitor you find will be enough for all your gaming needs.

I am using a C panel and it is amazing, forget about those crazy reviews around the net....
  12. The LG has some great monitors and I hear they have a better sharper picture than the Samsungs.

L206WTY-BF 20 inch $244.49
    L226WTY-BF 22 inch $355.99

Zipzoomfly has both with free shipping:
  13. Thank you everyone for your recommendations.
    It's greatly appreciated!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming LCD Video Internet Components Product