Windows XP uninstall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddyg

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I have been trying to uninstall Microsoft office XP professional but keep getting an error message about missing files one of which is the proret. MSI

freddyg

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010

yes I am. It is really annoying to have the window pop up asking me to insert a CD that I have never had. My version of office was a trial version when I bought my computer. I never renewed it but the program is still in my computer and for some reason it keeps asking for the disc

freddyg

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010

I have tried that and about three quarters of the way through the process I get an error message. error 1316 and am told to go toC:\program files\microsoft office\office 10\1033\set up help. When I do this I get "improper file path check for spelling and try again. This continues to repeat.
I have noticed that the pop up message I get asking me to insert the windows office XP professional disc only occurs when I attempt to access an internet site. Local program on my computer do not prompt the message?

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Try Grumpys suggestion of Revo Uninstaller. It's free and I can confirm that it does remove trial versions MS Office. They're stubborn and like to stick around, funnily enough they will even prevent the install of the full versions of the program.

I have provided the link for Revo Uninstaller below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The Professional version is fully functional and free for a thirty day period if you want all the bells and whistles.

Status
Not open for further replies.