Quick bit of advice needed...

dj_mikey_qae

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
So, I've had it with Microsoft. Them banning AutoPatcher is the last straw. I'm sick of Genuine Activation. Sick of spyware everywhere I turn. Sick of formatting my machine every 3 months to improve performance and reliability. I'm finally going to do what I've been wanting to do for the past 6 months... I'm going to the holy land.

I'm going to buy a Mac. Thing is, I've got this killer homebrew PC that I wanna sell. I'm curious as to what a respectable price would be to ask. Here's the specs. By the way, the only parts that're in the system that're over 4 months old are the hard drive and optical drive. Both are about a year old.

Intel Core2Duo E6600 (Never overclocked)
Intel DG965SS mATX board.
2 X 1GB OCZ 4-4-4-15 DDR2 6400 (NVidia SLI Certified)
Diamond Viper ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (512MB DDR2 Version)
Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB SATA-II 7200RPM
Western Digital WD2000JS 200GB SATA-II 7200RPM
Sony DRU-810A 16X DVD-/+RW
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS
DLink Wireless-G PCI Card
Less than one month old ZUMAX 500 Watt PSU
Antec Super LanBoy All Aluminum Case (Case shows a little wear from being taken to LAN parties. It's been used for 3 builds)
Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate x32 and x64 (Which you can use to install an OEM copy of XP Pro)
Genuine Office 2007 Ultimate

I figure it could be an awesome college student system. Great multimedia system. Decent gaming system. I'm figuring around $800 without Office. Is that too much to ask?

dj_mikey_qae

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
Bump. Hey guys, I just need an idea. I'm not going to try to sell it to you. I want to sell it locally and not over the internet. Can anybody please help me out here?

It compares favorably to some $600 pre-builts, so if you list it for $850 o.b.o. I would think you'd get close to $800, especially considering the price of the Vista Ultimate.
I see a catch-22 though. Someone who knows enough to know what they're getting may have specific other preferences and not want it at all, but someone who doesn't know enough may not see the value in various parts of that build and be unwilling to pay that much. Good luck.

dj_mikey_qae

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
I appreciate the input. I figured the retail value of the parts purchased brand new (without Office) @ around $1050. Factoring in that the most important parts are less than 3 months old, I should be able to bring in at least $800. I'm the lead tech at "one of those" small computer stores, so I figure I can sell it out of that store. Once again, thanks for the input.