Resident Evil 4 back for PS2

Last response: in Video Games
November 4, 2004 12:16:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Taken from
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/resident-evil-4/56...

Capcom of Japan announced today that its highly anticipated Resident Evil 4
will be making its way to PS2 sometime late in 2005.

According to a release on the Capcom Japan web site, the company has
listened to the fans around the world who wanted the game to be more than
just an exclusive title for the Nintendo GameCube, which is scheduled to be
released in January 2005.

The company acknowledged the rapid growth of the video game industry in the
United States and Europe, especially with the upcoming releases of the Sony
PSP and the Nintendo DS. That, coupled with a growing number of fans seeking
the game on multiple platforms, led to Capcom's decision.

The release said "other platforms," but only mentioned PS2. There was no
mention of whether an Xbox version was also being planned.

We'll have more details (and hopefully some screenshots) as they become
available.

More about : resident evil back ps2

Anonymous
November 6, 2004 8:48:17 AM

"Adam T. Smith" <adamsmith@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> Taken from
> http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/resident-evil-4/56...
>
> Capcom of Japan announced today that its highly anticipated Resident Evil
> 4 will be making its way to PS2 sometime late in 2005.
>

> According to a release on the Capcom Japan web site, the company has
> listened to the fans around the world who wanted the game to be more than
> just an exclusive title for the Nintendo GameCube, which is scheduled to
> be released in January 2005.
>
> The company acknowledged the rapid growth of the video game industry in
> the United States and Europe, especially with the upcoming releases of the
> Sony PSP and the Nintendo DS. That, coupled with a growing number of fans
> seeking the game on multiple platforms, led to Capcom's decision.
>
> The release said "other platforms," but only mentioned PS2. There was no
> mention of whether an Xbox version was also being planned.
>
> We'll have more details (and hopefully some screenshots) as they become
> available.

Yeah - I wondered when this would show it's face here... I'm disappointed
that it'll have a low-quality version... But I don't mind - as long as the
gamecube one stays high-quality.

--
=========
Comp Whizz