Sign in with
Your question

WD Passport how to delete specific files

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 22, 2011 1:41:51 PM

Please, How can I delete specific files from my passport. There is no delete option when I right click
January 22, 2011 2:47:01 PM

Have you tried selecting the file and pressing the delete key on your kb.
m
l
January 22, 2011 4:59:13 PM

OF COURSE, that's the first thing I tried. AND there is no 'delete' option when I right click. There is no 'edit' option either, very frustrating.
When I started moving things to the passport, I didn't know what I was doing and inadvertently opened three files with the same name, confusing when I want to back up to that file.
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2011 5:32:37 PM

Are these regular files? How did you copy them there?

What happens when you hit Delete on the keyboard, any error messages? What options do you see when you right-click? If you create a new file right on the drive (don't copy from your PC), do you see the right menu options?
m
l
February 2, 2011 10:13:21 AM

I didn't 'copy' them, I just moved them over.
Right click and 'delete' is grayed out.
I'm not computer savvy, but get along. I just gave up. The stinking files can stay there and I'll just ignore them and hope the back up gets in the right file.
m
l
April 25, 2011 10:15:49 AM

I believe I just did it and it was so simple. I went to back up and simply nclicked Movies (admittedly I didn't need to remove specific files) and they disappeared from My Passport immeidately
m
l
!