Best Virus Protection Combination

What would be the best protection from viruses/malware/ trojans, etc. Right now I am using Avast, Zone Alarm (for firewall) and Malwarebytes for mawlware protection. I wanted to know the best combination of free ones?

Also what would be the best software to do a clean sweep of the computer to clean out all viruses?

Also I always have problems with missing codecs is there anything I can install which will just give me all the codecs possible (or at least 90 % of the most used ones)?

Thank You
5 answers Last reply
More about best virus protection combination
  1. Its not bad what u have, ...

I usually recommend ...

U can use free Avast along with free Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall that is free, but got great results in defending your PC. And u can configure it to your satisfaction with ease.
    Avast! -- Free Antivirus
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -- helps you defeat Malware once and for all
    SUPERAntiSpyware -- Advanced Detection and Removal
    Comodo Internet Security -- The best free Firewall
  2. Avira AV + Outpost Firewall pro is the best combination i have ever had untill the license of OPFWP had to end.
    now am using Comodo firewall + MSE + SuperAntiSpyware..
    the SuperAntiSpyware is turned off and i run a scan once a week.....
    afterall it all depends on the user
  3. I like the dual antivirus engine on GDATA Internret Security and the firewall is very good also.It's very light and doesn't affect OS performance.
  4. My set up on Win7 64 bit:

Windows Firewall + MSE v 4.0 + real time Spyware guard = works well and extremely light on resources. Note that I use set up my own firewall rules.

Extras: on-demand MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware.

Thinking of going MBAM pro.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Virus Apps