Rosewell power supplies

bagatur

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
hi everybody,

i keep hearing that Rosewell PSU's are not good at all, but i was trying to find some reviews or actual people saying that they personally had bad experience with it, and i couldnt.
it almost seems like somebody said that somewhere and it keeps perpetuating itself.
i am wondering if anybody here had bad luck with Rosewell PSU's and they would be willing to share their experience with us.
i am asking because i bought one for my new PC and i dont really feel like getting another one without any concrete evidence that i should do so. thank you!

Go ahead and try it. It might work fine for you, especially if your video card isn't high end. If you got it at newegg, you probably have 30 days to return it. If you have any doubts, request an rma just in case you have a problem. Rma's usually give you 30 days to return. There's a 15% restocking fee unless the item is bad. If you don't use the rma, it will expire in 30 days, so no harm done.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
I've had my rosewill 600w for about a year now, and not a single problem. Make sure yours has enough juice for your setup and you should be good to go

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I,ve been using a 600 watt rosewill psu for a little over a year, i have a x2 5600, 7600gt, 2hard drive, 2 dvd burners, 3 fans, and a media card reader. I have not had a problem thus far. I've heard those same rumors though, so when i go to quad core, I'm gonna maybe try it for a bit, if it doe,st work out i will get a ocz 700 gameextreme. But honestly it seems to be a reliable , and quiet psu.

snessbiz

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
Built a computer with Rosewill RX-850-s-b and ASUS M32N-SLI deluxe MOBO,

On power up the unit would pop the house circuit breaker. Suspected power supply, Replaced with Antec Truepower Trio TP3-430 to confirm. MOBO powered up fine and has ran for the two weeks while Newegg was replacing the Rosewill power supply.
The new Rosewill power supply arrived today, replaced the Antec with Rosewill unit, and once again house circuit breaker pops on power up. So my EE skills get to go into action to debug the problem, something I just don’t have the time for right now, but the clock is ticking on the return.

If any one has experienced this issue please let me know so I can save some time

So far my experience with this Rosewill supply is not positive

snootch

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007

Well, here's two in-depth reviews where they put it on a load tester and analyze them:

http://jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=122
http://jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=48

Both of them scored high. Interesting.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
i have been using these newegg specials - its the egg brand now for while

they seem good - 750 and 950 on special are a great deal - i resurredted this thread if anyone has any new info

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
They appear to be better than the smaller ones but I still won't recommend them. There are too many others out there that don't sell complete crap on the lower end. Here is an OP of a recent thread and one of the responses.