overclocking a e6600 HELP

DAMIEN666

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
hi people i currently have my e6600 @ 3ghz - 1.28v

i would like to get 3.6ghz from it but i dont know what to set the voltages up at and fsb, i have really good air cooling and my cpu has never gone above 47'c per core even after 5hours of stressing it at 3ghz

please let me know how to get this o/c i want and what settings to use, ALSO is 3.6ghz for a e6600 pushing it or can they easily do it

twellman

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
You could probably safely do it in terms of temperature if you have good enough air cooling, but you're still putting a lot of voltage through the card in order to get a clock that high.

It might be doable, depending on your individual chip. Just keep pushing the FSB multiplier up the same way you did to get to 3 ghz. If Windows doesn't boot then the processor either isn't getting enough juice or it's clocked too high. Just experiment - so long as your temperatures are okay you should be good.

twellman

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Keep the voltages you have now until Windows doesn't boot or you find that the system isn't stable. Then increase voltage after you reboot and test again. If you find things are stable then raise the clock some more.

Just take things slowly and carefully, and figure out what the highest suggested voltages are for that chip. Google has answers.