darksidedragon

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Hi people,

I've just put a new system together with a Thermalright HR-03.PLUS on my 8800GTX. Having seen the recent review on THG, I'm now looking at putting a 92mm fan on it. Anyone know of a good, quiet 92mm fan? I don't think the CFM rating is too important - any reasonable amount of airflow should have a significant cooling impact. The most important thing for me is that it's quiet. I've seen the Antec Tricool 92mm fan that can be set at a low speed. Is this any good?

Aran

Noctua. They have the absolute best noise vs airflow ratio at the moment. Just they do not do all that well when back pressure is high. And the price well if that is a issue then don't bother considering these.

Scythe, The 800rpm is the quietest fan available if your going to run it at 12v.

Scythe. So so so quiet and they still move a fair amount of air.

dj_taboo

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
I think Noctua has a 92mm fan for one of their cpu coolers. Strangely i haven't seen a standalone fan in this size from them.
odd.

darksidedragon

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Cheers for the responses guys. Unfortunately, the fans listed on silentpcreview don't seem to be available in the UK. I haven't seen a Nexus fan anywhere. On quietpc.com, I've seen a Zalman 92mm fan I might get (20dB, 40CFM). What do you guys think?