Sign in with
Your question

I cant get popo games to load

Last response: in Windows XP
February 22, 2010 2:09:34 AM

Hello,I can not get my pogo games to load and I also can't get IE to load. I get the hour glass then it just goes away. I am getting very frustrated. Hope you can help

More about : popo games load

February 22, 2010 2:52:19 AM

why don't you try pogo games with Firefox or chrome, they will do it much better than IE..
m
l
February 22, 2010 2:55:57 AM

manojgj said:
why don't you try pogo games with Firefox or chrome, they will do it much better than IE..

I have tried to play games, but games won't load. Do I have to do something else to get games to load with firefox?
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2010 8:04:25 AM

just now i checked with monopoly game in chrome & it works fine .. have you installed java runtimes..

if you are using any firewall , make sure it wont block any thing
m
l
February 22, 2010 10:41:01 AM

I do have java. I have also unchecked pop up blocker. I have windows XP SP3. I have avast antivirus, also, superantispyware and malware bytes. I have down scans and nothing has been found. I just don't understand why I can't play games. Is there something missing? Do I need to reload something?
m
l
February 22, 2010 10:54:46 AM

what did you see when you get it the website,, have a screen-shot & post it
m
l
February 22, 2010 11:08:38 AM

I uninstalled java and reinstalled it, and it seems to be working better, but IE won't come up at all. When I double click on the icon on my desktop it looks like it is going to load then the hour glass just goes away. I don't understand why, it was working a week ago. When it was working a week ago I couldn't get into internet options, but at least IE was working. I have tried to uninstall IE8 but it won't let me.
m
l
February 24, 2010 12:44:59 AM

I have tried to uninstall IE8 but it won't let me.

The first box that comes up says:
setup cannot copy the file iesupp.chm
Ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert 'Windows NT Service Pace Uninstall Directory' in the drive you specify.
the second one says:
Set up cannot copy the file iexplore.chm
the third says:
The file 'ieencode.dll 000' on Windows NT service pack uninstall directory is needed.

then it says internet explorer 8 uninstall canceled.

It just won't let me uninstall it. I sure hope someone can help me.
Also, today I was not able to play games in pogo again. It just won't let me in, I don't know what is going on now.

m
l
February 24, 2010 1:05:16 AM

That worked thank you, now what do I do?????
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:08:02 AM

Uninstall Java runtime also!

Download & install fresh copies of IE8 & java Runtime & try playing your games again!
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:08:33 AM

Should I try and reinstall IE8???? Or should I just work with firefox????
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:12:48 AM

If your games run fine with firefox/ chrome means just leave it! No need for IE8!
Don't forget to install latest java runtime!
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:30:02 AM

I uninstalled IE8 and java runtime and then reinstalled them. IE8 still doesn't work and neither do the games. I am going to uninstall IE8 again.
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:32:47 AM

OK Uninstall IE8 and try IE7 if you surely need IE!
Or else stick with Firefox/ chrome, if your games play fine!
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:55:24 AM

I think I am going to just keep IE my computer. Thanks for the help and for the program to remove IE. I really appreciate it.
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:56:50 AM

My games are loading for now, I hope they still work tomorrow. If not, then I will be back to troubleshoot. LOL
m
l
February 24, 2010 1:59:29 AM

Happy to see your system working fine & your Problems solved :) 
You are always welcome to this forum with any kind of system problems! :) 
We are here to help you any time :) 
m
l
February 24, 2010 2:12:58 AM

Thanks for all your help.
m
l
February 24, 2010 4:47:17 PM

I'm back, and I can't get pogo games to load again. Help
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:37:10 AM

I am unable to get pogo games to load, can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? I have uninstalled Java and reinstalled it and still doesn't work.
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:46:38 AM

You said that, games are loading !!
Now what happened!
Have you removed IE & tried with only firefox/chrome??
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:52:54 AM

i have removed IE8 completely from my computer. They worked last night for a short time then stopped working. I find it pretty strange that it does that.
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:59:21 AM

Do you have latest version of direct X installed??
Check that!

From: http://forums.techguy.org/games/660068-pogo-bridge.html

When Pogo updates any games, the applets already saved on your puter do NOT update automatically.

If you're using Microsoft's JVM, the applets are saved here: C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and it should say "Bridge by Pogo". It can be safely deleted, Pogo will just download an updated one next time you want to play. You might want to delete all the games by Pogo while you're there to get all the updated applets.

If you're using Sun Java: Start Menu > Control Panel > switch to Classic View > double click on Java > under the General Tab in Temporary Internet Files > if you click on "View", you'll see a list of EVERY file saved to your puter. You can select them all here and delete them or click "Close" to go back a screen and click on Settings. You can choose whether or not to allow Java to save any files to your puter, or you can set the amount of space used by it. Clicking 'Delete Files' will delete all the ones you were looking at earlier.
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:02:47 AM

It MAY NOT BE a Java/IE problem,may be a POPUP blocker problem: check your firewall and/or anti-virus program. Make sure that POPUPS are ENABLED for Pogo.

Install IE, Go into internet options,then advanced tab.hit restore defaults,also do that on the security tab & Try again
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:18:50 AM

I deleted the files in java. Do you want me to install IE7 or IE8???
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:24:25 AM

I prefer IE7 first!
Try with IE7,
Also Don't forget to check your firewall and/or anti-virus program. Make sure that POPUPS are ENABLED for Pogo.
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:59:49 AM

It said that a more recent version of internet explorer has been detected on my computer, but i removed internet explorer already.
m
l
February 25, 2010 3:11:49 AM

After removing IE using revouninstaller also, you system detects most recent version of IE?? I can't get you!
m
l
February 25, 2010 3:23:46 AM

I removed IE using revouninstaller, i looked in to see if it was gone and it is not there. Is there somewhere else i can look to see if IE is still on my computer?????
m
l
February 25, 2010 3:39:55 AM

I'm just about ready to throw this computer out of the window.
m
l
February 25, 2010 4:15:03 AM

did everything you said to do, but still no luck, I can't get the games to load. I don't understand why I was able to play them yesterday, although it was only for an hour, but still I was able to play them. This is very frustrating.
m
l
February 25, 2010 4:35:57 AM

Have you restarted system after these installations & un-installations??
May be silly question, if not please do
m
l
February 27, 2010 2:36:54 AM

I did that and still no luck, I can get to pogo but when I am on the page to select a room to play in nothing happens.
m
l
February 28, 2010 1:12:13 AM

I am still having problems getting pogo to load, is there something else i can do
m
l
February 28, 2010 4:08:12 AM

i have tried to reinstall IE8 and have had no luck. I get an icon on my desktop, but I can not find IE8 anywhere else on my computer. I find that to be very strange. Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening. Also, I have not yet been able to get pogo games to load.
m
l
March 10, 2010 12:39:52 PM

I can not get pogo games to load still. Does anyone know of anything else I can try? Thanks
m
l
January 3, 2012 12:11:05 AM

lcky1963 said:
I have tried to play games, but games won't load. Do I have to do something else to get games to load with firefox?

m
l
!