Black Edition 5000 Overclock not working

obvmls

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
I bought this CPU for the purpose of being able to overclock. I have an ASUS m2n4-sli MOBO, 2gb 800 A-DATA RAM, nvidia 7600 gs w/512. It works fine when everything is at stock, but once i set the multiplier to 15 (haven't tried stepping yet, will do so tonight) I restart from the bios, windows XP butterfly came up, a bluescreen flashes, and then restart. Everybody seems to be able to do it with no problem. I am new to overclocking so I am just looking for some preliminary things I should check here. Please, help.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Since your just bumping the multiplier, it seems as though your not applying enough core voltage. Just dont do it too much, you can do some research or slowly raise the voltage until you get a stable run, but watch your temps, and since were on temps make sure you turn on the BIOS over temprature warning to say 80C that way your system will start beeping once it hits that, so you have time to shutdown before it goes. The worst I ever seen was my friends P4 2.4Ghz, his HSF was covered with a layer of dust, so the fan was useless, so it overheated to about just under 100C, thats right, almost boiling, not quite though, but pretty damn close.