Sign in with
Your question

My machine asks me to empty disk space though there is enough disk space

Last response: in Windows XP
February 22, 2010 5:32:48 AM

hi everyone,
my issue is my machine displays "not enough disk space " error when i try to paste a file of 4gb though there is enough disk space of over 8gb free in my drive, i would appreciate and would be thankful if i could get ny suggestion/help to sort out my issue,
February 22, 2010 7:27:58 AM

try after removing unwanted system restore points & disk cleanup..
also you may use Ccleaner for removing temp files .. after that try to copy your files,,
February 22, 2010 8:09:55 AM

This is on Windows XP - Open your My Computer then right click on a drive (e.g. C:)  click on properties, click on Disk Cleanup. choose delete files. another choice use a third party software like TuneUp Utilities - install and run maintenance.
Related resources
a b \ Driver
February 23, 2010 7:08:19 AM

Hi Newcomer and Welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If the File format system of your Drive is FAT32 means, you cannot paste a single file having file size of 4gb.

For pasting single file of 4 GB size you need that partition to be in NTFS file format system!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314463

Check the last point in the information!

You cannot create a file larger than (2^32)-1 bytes (this is one byte less than 4 GB) on a FAT32 partition.
August 9, 2012 12:19:28 PM

886899,4,543290 said:
Hi Newcomer and Welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If the File format system of your Drive is FAT32 means, you cannot paste a single file having file size of 4gb.

For pasting single file of 4 GB size you need that partition to be in NTFS file format system!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314463

Check the last point in the information!

You cannot create a file larger than (2^32)-1 bytes (this is one byte less than 4 GB) on a FAT32 partition.[/quotes

thanks dear .... this solve my problem... thanks a lot .. best of luck
!