Which board is a better for overclocking ??

tankbusta

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
ok guys i have three boards in mind to buy maybe in the coming week since i am going to start upgrading my pc slowly to prepare it for core2duo in chirstmas ^_^

ok so here are the TWO

1: P5B-VM
2: P5LD2

what i need:
- FAST PERFORMANCE
- GOOD OVERCLOCKING
- NOT REALLY RUNNING GAMES BUT WILL PLAY GAMES
- FAST APPLICATION RUNNING
- FAST FILE MANAGEMENT

SO WHICH ONE WOULD WORK BETTER FOR ME ???

THANKS GUYS

randomizer

Champion
With regards to all but the most budget and the most extremely high end motherboards out there:

- FAST PERFORMANCE Motherboard makes negligible difference except possibly with RAID and/or network
- GOOD OVERCLOCKING Varies with every individual board, and I am not familiar with these boards
- NOT REALLY RUNNING GAMES BUT WILL PLAY GAMES Motherboard makes negligible difference
- FAST APPLICATION RUNNING Motherboard makes negligible difference
- FAST FILE MANAGEMENT Motherboard makes negligible difference for the most part, hard drive and RAM is important here

tankbusta

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
well i can pay but right now i have only a choice between those two
if i could buy anyboard i wish i could have said the p35-d3sr but i only have a choice between those two

so which is the better of the two ??

Agreed the 965(g in this case) is a better option, but does not have official 1333FSB support either...

As such make sure you stick with 1066 cpus. as there is never a guarantee that every board made for 1066 will do 1333(even tho most will, it would suck to get a 1333 cpu and have to run it under clocked...).

The P5W DH does too...guess what....mine freezes(bad luck....early rev board? not sure...but it does not hit the highs it was claimed of..) like that(1333 with MAX voltage...the newer ones give more...so maybe they make it) all the time....official support(by intel....not an overclock) is garenteed....i am sure i could just bug asus.....but for a P35 board instead.....

Intel released a bios for one of its 975 boards(think it was the origonal bad axe)...they removed almost instantly as not all boards would do it...Even tho there test boards did....to many complaits about 1333 not being stable so away it went....

I wish all boards where itentical...but they are not :(

Maybe the AB9pro is built to more exacting standards...