Do some of u guys have this problem too ?

When i play any games (even when i played it with my 7900GTX ) i had a periodic 1 second graphic lag , i dont mean my games lag , no , i mean for example when i played MOH:AIRBORNE , well the game runs very good , but for example when i am dropping off from plane or i am walking , i have many lags which only last 1 second(as i said , PERIODIC 1 second lag ) , what is the problem ?

i had this problem with my 7900GTX as i said , also i had 163.44 driver for VGA ,so i thought it was for the Driver, so i uninstalled it and installed 162.18 , but still the same ( i am using xp 64)

jys84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
Ummmm... your question is unclear and could result from many problems.

1. The game you are playing is loading something to your vid card memory, computer memory, or from Hard Drive and it is slow.
2. Your processor is pausing to save the game.
3. You don't have enough power to power the parts.
4. Your parts are over heating or unstable.

From looking at your system spec, it should be fine in terms of requirements, so my guess is #4? If you can clarify the problem, is it any game, just MoH:Air, computer temperature / specs?

byrddogg77

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Most likely, the game is loading the next map/area, so it lags as it has to read the larg file from the hard drive. Try adding RAID 0.

Or your video card doesn't have enough memory to load the entire level into memory so it loads it in chunks.

Try using a friends high end Graphics card and see if it goes away, if not try adding RAID 0, or a Raptor HD.

There can be many causes for this.

for one thing some games load in real time(most mmo's do this and such lag is not a problem, in a FPS the map should be fully loaded before play, but who knows) so there may be a lag when it loads the next section of the game into your video ram.

You could also be running out of ram and your computer is paging.

You could have a process out in windows that is stealing priority for a second now and then.

Your virus scanner can also be scanning parts(files) of the game as they load(real time protection)

With your system specs its kind of surprising...

raptorxt

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
with those system specs i would say the game is loading another part of the level. like in fear (pauses periodically to save or is a checkpoint)

well thanx for all replies, as i said in MOH:AIR BORNE ,when i am dropping off from the plane , i have some of those lags , so this could be that its loading right ?

guys i found this in notebookreview :

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=169041&page=2

Open the nVidia control panel, go to "Advanced 3D Settings," and set "Threaded Optimization" to "Off." I had the exact same problems you're discussing, and this fixed it for me.

i will do and will see what happens ?

also isnt it because i have an old LCD? (i myself dont think so , but it maybe , because its 5 years old)

well it is fixed , i turned off THREAED OPTIMIZATION and everything is very good now , and now i have some STOPS in normal situations like Check points or when the map changes but they dont affect my gaming :D

well , they are back , and i dont know what to do , i was recently looking @ MOA :AIRBORNE extra features and there was a scene in it about jumping out the plane and that video had the same issue too , so could it be the games problem ? well to be honest this 1 second lags dont hurt my gaming ,:D but i wanted to know the reason of it

As soon as i read what you said about jumping out of the plane i remembered the demo videos...its the game(i saw it in the video too). Thats is a massive area to render and i am sure it loads higher rez textures as you fall.....

Hows the battle on the ground?

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Using XP 64 too :D on my PC (GTS 320, NeoHE 500, E6400, 2 Gigs of ram) and I experience no problems on MoH: Airborne. (Some FPS drops into the 30-40s but the motion blur effect is so good that I dont care :p)

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
I have an old screen too, 17" Samsung SyncMaster 793s CRT (3 years old since I bought it), but one thing you might be right? I'm using 163.67 drivers (beta released 3 or 4 days ago) and X64 SP2.

bad news guys , i installed 163.67 and its still the same , tomorrow i am going to install SP2 and will see what happens, by the way should i set THREADED OPTIMIZATION to AUTO again or let it be OFF ?

btw i tried it on VISTA(ultimate) 32 too , still the same

You can turn down some settings.....it will not be too noticable...

Decals - low....so there are less bullet holes....mehh
Character detail - med (not too notcable)

Post processing....well if the motion blur anoys you...simple makes it go away.....thank god....it makes me feel sick anyway........

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
If you're having the problem when playing online I would consider punkbuster as a possible cause. Their newest software is a piece of crap* causing all kinds of problems. I believe it was automatically installed with a lot of games in August. You will see one or some processes running like pnkbstrA, pnkbstrB. PnkbstrA gets automatically added to you're startup and will be present when you are not gaming. Admittedly it seems to do nothing but when you are gaming it loads pnkbstrB which will keep you're hard drive busy the whole time you game. If you have ever tried to do a virus scan or defrag while gaming you would recognize the kind of lag this produces.

*I don't take calling some one's software a piece of crap lightly but feel it is warranted.

OMG.....forgot about PB......has caused HELL in wolf ET...seems ok for ETQW....

Either way i am playing the game...but that post processing pissed me off to no end....as does having to exit the game to change settings....

I have not noticed those 1 second lags but fps getting into the 40s(jumping out of the plane) kind of sucks....I am extremely sensative to fps drops of 60-50....but if it ran 30 solid(GTA with frame limmiter) i would barly notice...its seems to be the drops that are noticable not the fps itself...