abitip35pro or gigabyte p35-dq6

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
Hey guys,

what you would you choose a gigabyte p35-dq6 or an abit ip35 pro?

I want to over clock a q6600 quad core to at least 3.6-4 gig
I read the abit has a slight vdoop problem and the gigabyte isnt as bad i also read the abit has problems with creative sound cards with cracking and poping.

I would like to know what is the max memory voltage of the gigabyte board and will it have enough options for over clocking that high?

I would like the option for sata 0 for dual raptors (1 raptor atm)
possible water cooling
i need room for big heatsinks or water cooling

also,I am looking at getting G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail or OCZ Flex XLC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail because of the water cooling option

I have found the corsair mem chart and its sad what listed as compatible, i had a hard time trying to find such a chart for abit and gigabytes chart was also a sad excuse for a memory list. can anyone tell me if these memory are compatible with these boards? or if theres a better choice of memory?

mate plz read the forum for compatibility of ram , i have OCZ REAPER ram and its not listed in ASUS P5K-E supported RAMs , but it supports it so it doesnt mean if the RAM isnt in the list , the mobo doesnt support it ,

also between those 2 board , both are rock solid u wont be disappointed with either of them

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
where is the list for compatible ram? do you have a link i dont mind reading just have some trouble locating a list i have searched which means im prolly doing something wrong its not laziness just havent found a list yet. I think im gonna go with the gigabyte.