Sign in with
Your question

BSOD A8N32-SLI Deluxe - ACPI Error!

Last response: in Motherboards
September 15, 2007 3:01:09 PM

Hi everyone, I am in need of some help, so here goes:

Last year I purchased parts and built my own PC, I have done this for a few years now, however I had a problem with my motherboard. Everytime during install of windows XP Pro, I kept getting BSOD saying "your board is not ACPI Compliant press f7 during install " or something along those lines. so I could never really get into windows, except a few occassions... which I tryed my best to fix it but I just couldnt, and no1 else could either as this problem wasnt really 'registered' and 'fixed' with Asus yet. However somehow I managed to fix it, It was pure luck it just started working, im sure... because I dont remember doing anything to fix it, i just kept rebooting afaik!

2 nights ago I reinstalled windows(completly forgetting about this problem I had last year), and this issue has came back to bite me in the back side! I have had 6hours sleep in 2 nights since this problem came up, and I have done as much troubleshooting as I think my mentallity will let me.

I did some searching on google and on asus website, and there is alot of people having the same problem, but no actual 'fixes' yet, and this is driving me insane!

I need some serious help(and im not just talking about mental help), im talking about computer help! :lol: 

please could someone help me! :cry: 
September 15, 2007 3:41:28 PM

Others (including me) have had this mobo die.
It might be a bad chipset...but I am not that much of an expert in hardware...
The best option so far is to try another mobo.
It might also be the ram. that mobo is VERY picky with ram.
September 15, 2007 9:07:27 PM

Well, this is my second Asus A8N32-Sli Deluxe motherboard, I know im probably going to get asked why I bought another one of they boards after my first one just died, but.. I honestly thought it was just the one I purchased, thought it was just a bad luck type of thing, and I thought that I could just switch them over.. and wouldnt have to reinstall windows, by god I was wrong!!! I am trying to contact Asus at the moment about my first motherboard, cos its still under its 3 year warenty. and Im thinking about telling them about this one, perhaps they could give me a gift voucher for Asus products, as Obviously I wont need 2 motherboards ;) 

Do you think I should get a cheap motherboard & see how that goes? If Im honest, I dont need a top of the range motherboard, just something thats good enough for my parts & has alot of USB 2.0 ports :) 
Related resources
September 15, 2007 10:05:14 PM

Tough question.
I had the same prob. but moved up to the striker extreme...some have had probs with that too, but I am not overclocking and use qvl certified ram...so all is well...so far.
September 16, 2007 1:11:01 AM

The Memory I use with this motherboard is the memory that it states on the box as its best used with, I think its XMS3500LL pro ? which I have 2GB of it. And also a Dual Core AMD64 4400+ CPU, so.. I really cant understand why this would or should give me problems. I really do not know what could be wrong here, other than the motherboard being dodgey... what else could it be? I mean.. during the last year(after installing windows the first time and before formatting few days ago), it was absolutly 100% fine.(other than slowness due to too full of junk). Im honestly baffled!
September 16, 2007 4:29:14 AM

jonnny said:
The Memory I use with this motherboard is the memory that it states on the box as its best used with, I think its XMS3500LL pro ? which I have 2GB of it. And also a Dual Core AMD64 4400+ CPU, so.. I really cant understand why this would or should give me problems. I really do not know what could be wrong here, other than the motherboard being dodgey... what else could it be? I mean.. during the last year(after installing windows the first time and before formatting few days ago), it was absolutly 100% fine.(other than slowness due to too full of junk). Im honestly baffled!

Welcome to the club of owners of problem ASUS A8N32-SLI motherboards. 4Ryan and I have gone though a bunch of these boards, as well as a few others. Sounds like you have one of the earlier boards. The last one I bought, which was earlier this year has worked ok, but the previous ones were troublesome at best. I have two computers using this board, one with a X2 4400+ and the other with a FX60. Since your computer worked ok for the past year, I'll asume that you're having trouble with the install, rather than the board. If you do go for another mobo, DFI makes a couple nice ones for decent prices, though they can be a bit demanding while setiing them up.

As for the ram you have, I also tried the XMS PC3500LL Pro and none of the four boards that I've gone through would work properly with it. Corsair tried replacing the ram for me a couple times and finally found that only the XMS PC3200 would work properly. It appears to be a problem with the board, not the ram itself. One thing that Corsair did find which helped was to disable the "Legacy US Support" in the BIOS. For some reason, if the legacy USB is enabled, it causes problems with high performance ram. For making an OS install, it might be easier to use a plain PC3200 stick during the install and then switching to the PC3500 after the computer is up and running properly.

Another thing you can do if you haven't done it already is to download and install the latest BIOS from ASUS. I think its number 1203, though I can't remember for sure at the moment. You may have to download it to a floppy and install it from there. My older board required that, though I could download it to a temporary folder and install from that with my newest board. The latest BIOS update helped a few things. One other thing, if during setup you get a screen that says something about "abort, retry, or cancel" keep retrying. I had to do that a few times during the last OS reinstall on my older ASUS board. It finally installed and is working fine at the moment. Oh yes, make sure that the XP OS disk is spotlessly clean. Any smudges on it can foul something up during the install.

Hope something here helps.
September 16, 2007 9:26:53 AM

I will install the latest Bios & see if that makes a diference, I will also disable the Legacy US support you mentioned too & if i manage to find less fancy memory, will stick that in while XP is installing.

Thanks alot for your posts, I will have allmost all day today on it so I will keep you guys updated :o )
September 16, 2007 4:52:31 PM

What I have done is change memory, from 3500 to 3200, then to a basic 512mb memory stick. Nothing changed when I did this anyway.

I think I have figured out a way to bypass the problem.. it doesnt fix it, it simply bypasses the BSOD, basically just after POST, I press F8 which displays what device to load, I press on Maxtor HDD, and it loads windows.. this has worked 4/4 times, so fingers crossed!

I dont understand why this bypasses it, because to me.. its loading the HDD anyway, so I am not really doing anything diferent. So to me.. it doesnt make sense, but if it works.. hey.. why would I moan??!

I will keep you guys updated as usual, I am just installing SP2 on it at the mo.

PS. im not counting my chickens at the moment, it still might go wrong.. *fingers crossed*
September 16, 2007 6:14:10 PM

jonnny said:
I think I have figured out a way to bypass the problem.. it doesnt fix it, it simply bypasses the BSOD, basically just after POST, I press F8 which displays what device to load, I press on Maxtor HDD, and it loads windows.. this has worked 4/4 times, so fingers crossed!

I dont understand why this bypasses it, because to me.. its loading the HDD anyway, so I am not really doing anything diferent. So to me.. it doesnt make sense, but if it works.. hey.. why would I moan??!

Just gave me a clue what may be going wrong, Start the computer and go into the BIOS. Under the "Boot Menu", check the line that reads "Boot Device Priority". Make sure that the first device is either the floppy drive, if you have one, with the second device being the Maxtor HDD, or that the first device is the Maxtor HDD if you don't have a floppy. Sometimes during an install, the hard drive with your OS is listed as third, or as I had one time happen, not listed at all. When that happens, the computer tries to load from the CD drive and finding nothing there, it gives you a BSOD.

Just another idea.
September 23, 2007 6:30:03 AM

hello everyone i resently bought the mobo asus a8n32 deluxe motherboard and as i was takeing off my cpu i happen to brack off the heat sink next to it and now it wont show anything on the monitor when i turn it on... is it cus the heat sink broke?
October 26, 2007 6:22:30 AM

Hey,
I just had this problem. Enable the printer port in the bios and the issue goes away!

Thanks!
Dave
!