Which MB for my new Rig?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
I've been posting like crazy around the forums trying to get info on what stuff to buy (hoping to buy stuff this weekend) and I've gotten some great answeres that have helped me out. Unfortunately the 1 area I still dunno what to do is my Motherboard. I'm not sure if I should get a P35 Gigabyte or Asus which are out now and have been out for a while, or wait a few days and get an X82 that will be out any time now. I hear the only new boards for now will be Gigabyte but that isn't a bad thing since they make good boards.

Any thoughts? BTW I'm considering an Antec SOLO, P182, or Sonata III case so please tell me if I will have any issues fitting stuff in.

Thanks!

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
So the only benefit really is the 2x16x PCIE2?

Any idea about when they will hit the streets?

I also heard that the first ones out will have an old "revision 1" chip set in them for the first couple weeks. Then the Revison 2's will start shipping. have you heard anything about this?

Thanks

PS thanks for the the typo correction :)

chechnyan

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
yes its bios updates and look her for example in the comparison sheet made by GIGABYTE
ducts/Motherboard/Products_ComparisonSheet.aspx?ProductID=2454,2423,2288

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
WR2 has been making various suggest...are/2007/07/12/abit_ip35_pro/1]Abit IP-35 Pro and from the reviews it seems like a great board for me. My current board is an Abit IC7 and the thing has never given me any problems so that makes me confident in getting another Abit board. I'm going to take a closer look at its features tonight, but I think its fine. It supports 2 graphics cards apparently although not as well as the new boards will, but honestly, I've always prefered 1 big super card to 2 smaller ones anyways.