Sign in with
Your question

When is the next release of Intel CPU's?

Last response: in CPUs
September 2, 2007 3:11:35 PM

When is the next set of Intel CPUs due for release?

Also what would be the next release equivlent of the q6600?

If the CPU's are just around the corner I think i'll hold out and see what they are like before buying a new system.

More about : release intel cpu

September 2, 2007 3:36:14 PM

Late Q4 to Early Q1 '08.

While the CPUs will be a small step up, they will not be a revolutionary change. That will be closer to Q4 '08.

The Penryn's will gain a small percentage per cycle and run a little cooler and perhaps OC a little better.

The bigger up coming change is perhaps the new NVIDIA cards in November. There are lots of rumors ranging from a minor update to a new monster being released.

Since the new card will support PCI-E II and that support will be seen with the soon to be released P38 chipset, you may want to wait until that is released. Then you may start seeing more leaks on the NVIDIA stuff.
September 2, 2007 3:45:05 PM

Cool stuff.

I'm wanting my machine for November, but I've been bit before by the the big jump before and don't want it to happen again.

Need to do a lot more reading.
Related resources
September 2, 2007 7:21:56 PM

yea i need to badly upgrade as well for crysis and for everything really... my pc is horrid..

2.4 p4
2 gig ram (upgraded from 512)
BFG 6600 GT OC (upgraded from some geforce ti card)
asus p4s8x
420 watt ocz psu (upgraded)

as you see horrid i badly new a new pc lol :S
September 3, 2007 1:00:51 AM

zenmaster said:
Late Q4 to Early Q1 '08.

While the CPUs will be a small step up, they will not be a revolutionary change. That will be closer to Q4 '08.

The Penryn's will gain a small percentage per cycle and run a little cooler and perhaps OC a little better.

The bigger up coming change is perhaps the new NVIDIA cards in November. There are lots of rumors ranging from a minor update to a new monster being released.

Since the new card will support PCI-E II and that support will be seen with the soon to be released P38 chipset, you may want to wait until that is released. Then you may start seeing more leaks on the NVIDIA stuff.

Zen, there is no such thing as a P38. You must be thinking of the X38 chipset.
!