Sign in with
Your question

Will this card play crysis

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2007 4:55:18 PM

Hi i was looking into getting this card for my new machine,

http://www.lucmos.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODU...

Just wondered is it worth the money and will it play all the latest and greatest games.

Cheers for any help

More about : card play crysis

September 16, 2007 5:11:40 PM

Ok then. i prob would be playing at 1024x768 i think is it, how would it handle games in that resolution?
September 16, 2007 5:21:58 PM

My guess is that card would handle Crysis at a decently playable level. Just pure gut instinct.

But I agree - if that's the only game you're really waiting for just hold on; see what options you'll have when it is finally released. I'm sure there will be about 435,329 hardware analysis done on Crysis after it hits the shelves so you'll get a good take on what the x1950xt can do with it.
Related resources
September 16, 2007 6:06:53 PM

well, since people are saying the Minimum for crysis is a 6600, that card should run it pretty well (nowhere near max tho, since even an 8800 can't do that)
a c 169 U Graphics card
September 16, 2007 6:32:29 PM

i THINK (remember i said i think ) and _according to rumors about crysis system specs_ i think it shall run it on good settings
September 16, 2007 6:57:11 PM

I am not looking for max, as you say no card can do that yet. The reason is i dont want to buy a direct x10 card yet as there not properally supported yet and a bit pricey for what you get.

i was thinking of having this for 9 months to a year and then upgrading to a direct x 10 card.

I was looking to play crysis on, medium,to high settings, also games like F.E.A.R COD4 Modern warfare, half life 2 etc

you think it will cope with them ok.

Sorry if anyone has a link to these charts would be nice.

Thanks for help
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 16, 2007 6:59:11 PM

I'd wait to see nVidia's new cards in November, and the price of the 8800 GTS at the time, and Crysis' requirements. The x1950xt is a good card and excellent value for the price these days, but there's no guarantee at this point that it will be good enough for Crysis.
September 16, 2007 6:59:29 PM

the x1950 xt seems to do pretty well at all those games mentioned
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 16, 2007 7:04:30 PM

emtec69 said:
I am not looking for max, as you say no card can do that yet. The reason is i dont want to buy a direct x10 card yet as there not properally supported yet and a bit pricey for what you get.

i was thinking of having this for 9 months to a year and then upgrading to a direct x 10 card.

I was looking to play crysis on, medium,to high settings, also games like F.E.A.R COD4 Modern warfare, half life 2 etc

you think it will cope with them ok.

Sorry if anyone has a link to these charts would be nice.

Thanks for help

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=724&model2=778&chart=295

Just a guess: since the x1950xt can handle Oblivion at 1024x768 pretty well, it should handle Crysis OK too.

September 16, 2007 7:05:01 PM

Cool, well i havent started building yet, got to get the funds together.

Even so though i think i might wait to next year as there might be a card the same price as a 8880 gts but better available then, plus i will have more money and time to save as i know i will be doing it ,")

I think having heard what people have said the card will play crysis pretty well, if it is optimised as well as crytek is making out lol.

Fingers crossed, you rekon its the best card in the 150 price range?
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 16, 2007 7:09:36 PM

I think so. The next step up from x1950xt is 8800 GTS 320, and that costs a lot more. It should be cheaper by November, when the new nVidia cards show up.
September 16, 2007 7:12:42 PM

I'd say get it - it's a great card for the money.
September 16, 2007 7:34:35 PM

It is looking like the top runner for me at the moment, i will have to see when i get the funds and start building, ,maybe by then i could get the 8880 gts 320mb, but i like the look of this card and have heard good things about it.

I read on a website that it should achieve high seetings with a good fps in crysis being one of the top dx9 cards.

what do you think will be the price of the 9 seris cards?
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2007 7:46:05 PM

The x1950XT will play it fine, it has a DX9 path which is what it'll be using anyways, and cales all the way back to the R300/R9700Pro according to the developers. You won't have the same features as the DX10 cards, but like most DX10 games out sofar you may or may not miss that depending on how well they handle the features.

We should have a better idea once the final version of the Crysis demo ships at the end of the month, the beta demo is shipping now.
September 16, 2007 8:31:18 PM

man, I'm looking forward to that, but emtec, if you CAN afford the 8800 320, it will destroy any x1950 (except that magical x1950 of doom that only exists in alternate dimensions)
September 16, 2007 9:34:37 PM

aevm said:
I think so. The next step up from x1950xt is 8800 GTS 320, and that costs a lot more. It should be cheaper by November, when the new nVidia cards show up.

Honestly besides christmas sales I don't see why the GTS would drop in price, IF anything it will raise maybe $20-30, since the speculated price for the G92 is around $200-240 it does nvidia no good having the card at $260-270 where it's just not worth buying the G92 over the GTS. This is just speculation but I have a feeling that after the G92 release we'll see those GTS 320 again on the $300 mark as the standard price.
a c 105 U Graphics card
September 16, 2007 9:43:02 PM

October 2007 Maximumpc magazine has an in depth interview with the exec producer/director of the game. Good read. Get the magazine or goto the book store and check it out. It may surprise a lot of people.
September 16, 2007 10:06:07 PM

Of coarse the current cards can play it at max, depending on your resolution I bet the GTX can play Crysis at max on dx9. Dx10 it wont be able to but I bet ya now itll do it max on DX9.
September 16, 2007 10:43:54 PM

I think i did read somewhere that the gtx could max it, but as we say it is all speculation till it comes out.

My first choice would be the gts but funnds permitting being a student you can't always get what you want.

Will this be the most demanding game out in this year next etc or any other games coming out that will blow our minds and wallets?
September 16, 2007 11:47:41 PM

I think the general hype around the game is making people think its a super dooper graphics eating machine. I doubt that'll be the case at all.

Who's going to make a game with loads of features that hardly noone can actually use lol... its not going to happen.
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 17, 2007 12:15:19 AM

Hatman said:
I think the general hype around the game is making people think its a super dooper graphics eating machine. I doubt that'll be the case at all.

Who's going to make a game with loads of features that hardly noone can actually use lol... its not going to happen.

I think you're right, it's the logical thing, but you never know... Oblivion for example is a pain even for today's top cards, let alone those available when it was released.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=706&model2=723&chart=297
September 17, 2007 12:24:20 AM

I've got this card, and it is taking the hardest stuff with ease. I think it should be ok in Crysis as well then, since it is easily within minimun specifications for the game.

It also owns UT2007, and Quake Wars (!) supposedly. I would strongly suggest this card right now, it is a bit underpriced for it's power.
September 17, 2007 1:12:53 AM

celewign said:
I've got this card, and it is taking the hardest stuff with ease. I think it should be ok in Crysis as well then, since it is easily within minimun specifications for the game.

It also owns UT2007, and Quake Wars (!) supposedly. I would strongly suggest this card right now, it is a bit underpriced for it's power.
Err...
September 17, 2007 1:35:50 AM

Is that Quake Wars chart for the demo or the beta. The demo seems to be optimized much better. At 1024x768 that card will definitely play Crysis, if it doesn't then not many copies of Crysis will be sold, its that simple.
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2007 5:20:22 AM

Hatman said:

What are you talking about?
Most of the best games were not able to be 'maxed out' by the latest and greatest cards at their release. FartCry, D3, HL2, Oblivion, F.E.A.R., BF2, etc. all maxed out the cards at their time.

There's these two things in games called auto detect and a settings panel that try to ensure the most people can play by reducing the features used so that the game can scale better, and they can adjust which settings they want more (distant lands, HDR, texture size, etc).

Which means not everyone has to play MAXed, heck many if not most people still can't play those titles above maxed, unless you call turning the features on at low res without AA/AF 'maxed'.
September 17, 2007 5:27:03 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
...FartCry..

That's funny, especially since I'm sort of browsing this forum between FartCry sessions right now.
September 17, 2007 7:18:14 AM

I think i will probs go with this card, seems decent enough.

Alot of crysis sales will be in directx9 and being a high direct x 9 card i imagine it will play it well.

Welll hope it will play it well lol
a c 169 U Graphics card
September 17, 2007 4:04:17 PM

Crysis Beta Multiplayer system requirements :

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6157&p=...

im not entering in on the contest but this is the minimum req. for the MP beta...

From offical readme (US).txt in the Crysis_MP_Beta_5416
Code:
==================================================================
System Requirements
==================================================================

Crysis Multiplayer Beta requires DirectX 9.0c. You can
install DirectX 9.0c by following the onscreen prompts during the
game's installation process.

REQUIRED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:

· OS: Windows XP. This Betatest can be played on Vista but Vista is not officially supported.

· CPU (Single Core): Intel P4 3.2 GHz/AMD Athlon 3200+ or higher

· RAM: 1.5 GB

· Disk Drive*: 8X or faster DVD-ROM drive

· Hard Drive: 4 GB or more of free space

· Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA 7... series/ATI X... series or higher

· Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

· Multiplayer: 2 to 32 players, network or Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster
connection)

Note: While you will be able to play Crysis Multiplayer Beta with the specifications above, play experience may improve
if you have additional RAM, a faster CPU or a better graphic card. Please refer
to the section on Optimizing Graphical Performance in this ReadMe
file for more information.
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2007 4:43:02 PM

It's also still a beta so things may change from there.

It's weird that their 'required' spec is 1.5 GB ?!?
Not many people (except myself with a problematic Kingston stick) will be running 1.5GB, I'm surprised it wasn't 1GB or 2GB, 1.5GB is a strange choice.

As mentioned in that same thread the original statements by Crytek said minimum playable on an R9800 and GF6600, but multi-player may be different from the single player campaign.

Probably the new release of the final demo will start opening the information floodgates.
September 17, 2007 5:05:16 PM

San Pedro said:
Is that Quake Wars chart for the demo or the beta. The demo seems to be optimized much better. At 1024x768 that card will definitely play Crysis, if it doesn't then not many copies of Crysis will be sold, its that simple.
That's from the demo released last week.
September 17, 2007 6:34:21 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
It's also still a beta so things may change from there.

It's weird that their 'required' spec is 1.5 GB ?!?
Not many people (except myself with a problematic Kingston stick) will be running 1.5GB, I'm surprised it wasn't 1GB or 2GB, 1.5GB is a strange choice.

As mentioned in that same thread the original statements by Crytek said minimum playable on an R9800 and GF6600, but multi-player may be different from the single player campaign.

Probably the new release of the final demo will start opening the information floodgates.

maybe 1.5 gigabytes is like, exactly how big the textures will be?
!