Sign in with
Your question

Another AMD executive jumps ship

Last response: in CPUs
September 2, 2007 11:22:06 PM

Rick Hegberg, Senior Vice President of World Wide Sales, jumps ship.

Probably means absolutely nothing as Hegberg, like Dave Orton, was an ATI holdover and not a "native" (sorry, couldnt resist ;)  ) employee like Henri Richard

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=9747
September 2, 2007 11:26:01 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with Barcelona's making it into the channel now, or so some say they are in the channel.

Since it's an ATI guy, I don't think much of it.
September 3, 2007 12:49:41 AM

Yeah, I dont either, but then again, he was on the sales side. Lots of questions will be answered the 10th, and this may be one of them.

I just cant wait for the answers....its almost as good as chritmas. If Barcelona delivers, the AMD fanboys will gloat and the Intel fanboys will start waving the Penryn & Neleham banners, if Barcelona dives, the Intel fanboys will gloat and the AMD fanboys will start making the 'rev 2' will 'rock' or Intel drove AMD to failure excuses.
Related resources
September 3, 2007 12:52:29 AM

TechnologyCoordinator said:
I wonder if this has anything to do with Barcelona's making it into the channel now, or so some say they are in the channel.

Since it's an ATI guy, I don't think much of it.

According to the sources I have at *several* teir 2 server manufacturers, and one teir 1 manuf, none of the teir 2's have even seen engineering samples, much less product shipping "in volume for revenue" and the teir 1 manuf has had "very limited" access to even engineering samples and haven't seen any "volume" shipments either. None of the companies I work with have any products announced or planned in the immediate future...

I don't post much, no one knows me, so take it fwiw, but I'm just passing along the info that I've gathered.

My personal take is that if there were shipping for revenue, then there would be benches out there already, regardless of NDA....

As to the ATI guy leaving, meh, the ones that need to leave haven't left yet, and the one that needs to leave most of all probably won't leave until he's successfully destroyed AMD like he did the last company he headed up....
September 3, 2007 1:29:43 AM

boduke said:
According to the sources I have at *several* teir 2 server manufacturers, and one teir 1 manuf, none of the teir 2's have even seen engineering samples, much less product shipping "in volume for revenue" and the teir 1 manuf has had "very limited" access to even engineering samples and haven't seen any "volume" shipments either. None of the companies I work with have any products announced or planned in the immediate future...

I don't post much, no one knows me, so take it fwiw, but I'm just passing along the info that I've gathered.

My personal take is that if there were shipping for revenue, then there would be benches out there already, regardless of NDA....

Well, with all the AMD fanboy BS and Intel Fanboy FUD floating around (including that being generated by The Inquirer, Ed Stroligio, et al) for all we know ATI may very well be building rocketships to go to mars, thus explaining any lack of benchmarks, ES's or production chips. ;) 

boduke said:

As to the ATI guy leaving, meh, the ones that need to leave haven't left yet, and the one that needs to leave most of all probably won't leave until he's successfully destroyed AMD like he did the last company he headed up....

Hmmmm..........ATI employee, or ATI employee? :whistle: 

September 3, 2007 1:48:47 AM

turpit said:
I just cant wait for the answers....its almost as good as chritmas. If Barcelona delivers, the AMD fanboys will gloat and the Intel fanboys will start waving the Penryn & Neleham banners, if Barcelona dives, the Intel fanboys will gloat and the AMD fanboys will start making the 'rev 2' will 'rock' or Intel drove AMD to failure excuses.

I for one would welcome a suprior product. I don't care what company it comes from. The thing that pisses me off about AMD is that they are going to go freaking bankrupt and leave us with a monopoly.

boduke said:

Ding. That's why it is so hard to believe a product would be hitting the streets when no one even knows how it will perform.

Watch this, this explains it all: http://multicore.amd.com/us-en/quadcore/

The solution! Use a product that doesn't exist.
September 3, 2007 2:14:23 AM

Wow, they talk about being "Ready for a seamless upgrade to next-generation technology when IT is ready" when the product they're pushing dosent even exist yet!!!

Well, could have been worse I suppose...they could have tried to incorporate "platformance" and "megatasking" into that ad. I, for one, am greatful they didnt.

Ive gotta make a copy of that....I suspect it will make for great viewing when the product actually gets here.
September 3, 2007 3:08:55 PM

turpit said:
Well, with all the AMD fanboy BS and Intel Fanboy FUD floating around (including that being generated by The Inquirer, Ed Stroligio, et al) for all we know ATI may very well be building rocketships to go to mars, thus explaining any lack of benchmarks, ES's or production chips. ;) 

Hmmmm..........ATI employee, or ATI employee? :whistle: 

lol - I think I meant "AMD CEO"....I'll be more specific from now on... :lol: 

!