survivor1940

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
Have a Dell Desktop which is no longer working and need to know if and how to transfer info from HD so I can install the information to a new system? I know with Dell everything needs to stay Dell to Dell but what about the information stored on the HD? I cannot power up the Dell since the MoBo is shot so I am hoping there is a simple way to tranfer the information to the newer non Dell system.Thanks

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
If you're worried about digging through the innards of your new computer, companies make external hard drive enclosures... basically, you'd put the HD from your old computer in and then you could just plug it into your new computer via a USB cable. It'd show up under "My Computer" just like a regular, internal drive. I have one at my office and it comes in very handy from time to time... keeps me from having to shut down a host computer just to read the contents of a drive.

survivor1940

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
I also have an old HP and I want to wipe the hard drive clean and then maybe drill a few holes in it to throw out.what is the best way to remove all the information?

TRENDING THREADS