Raid controller that supports terabyte drives.

vnavna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I am unable to find any manufacturer that makes a Raid controller card that supports the Terabyte hard drives. Does anybody know of any that you can use the 1TB hard drives on? I contacted Promise on the SuperTrak EX16350 card to ask them if it would work with the new 1TB drives and they told me to use a drive that is on their 750GB Hard drive compatibility list and then just try the same make with the 1TB drive and let them know if it works. You would think that they would have their own R&D to do this test.
So if anyone has tested any 1TB drives on a RAID controller card and it worked please let me know.
THX

paulcooperorama

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
If you are building a RAID why go with Promise? LSI? stick with companies that have been doing this sort of thing for a while. Adaptec, 3ware they are leaders in the industry and have great controllers to fit most any build. and they also have great support staff.

vnavna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Thank you for all your info. I have run Promise for a few years and have not been dissappointed, but I will look into others.