Sign in with
Your question

Test computer via usb?

Last response: in Applications
May 21, 2012 4:52:00 PM

I'm going to USA next week and i'm planning on buying some parts for my pc, I'll buy the whole pc except from the HDD, optical drive and the case.
I wanted to know if someone knows a way to test the computer via usb, or install windows 7 and some bench applications or games to test if its working ok.

Greetings and thanks.

More about : test computer usb

May 22, 2012 3:11:16 PM

I think Ubuntu live CDs / usb have an option to test the memory.

Another option might be Ultimate Boot CD. It seems to be a bootable CD with a variety of tools including CPU tests. I've never used it though.
m
l
May 22, 2012 7:15:46 PM

About the only thing you can do is create a Linux live boot using a USB stick and see if things run. Of course without a case you also need to get a place to setup the power supply and motherboard without shorting everything.
m
l
Related resources
May 23, 2012 2:22:03 AM

thanks for the help, I think i will have to instal linux in the usb and try to test everything.
m
l
May 24, 2012 4:01:38 AM

If the system can boot from a USB drive then yes you can test the system via USB.

You can test different operating systems like mentioned earlier linux has a live version you can run straight from the drive.

Also the already mentioned UBCD is a great recommendation. That has some tools to test hardware.
m
l
!