Sign in with
Your question

kinda funny, downright lie ages ago

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 17, 2007 8:12:44 PM

it was so funny when I realised what a certain PC world advert was telling me ages ago (I didn't know anything back then about computers) "powerful integrated graphics for gaming", I'm sorry but, doesn't that constitute decieving the consumer? Because its just such a blatant lie to anyone who knows anything about computers but for ordinary people, it just seems dishonest.
Anyway, I was bored so I posted and had a rant :D 
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 17, 2007 8:54:16 PM

Yea there is a lot of crap put out in the name of advertising but i guess they prob do it for every thing,if you dont at least half know what you are talking about/then you are gonna get shafted.
Mactronix
September 17, 2007 8:58:41 PM

spuddyt said:
it was so funny when I realised what a certain PC world advert was telling me ages ago (I didn't know anything back then about computers) "powerful integrated graphics for gaming", I'm sorry but, doesn't that constitute decieving the consumer? Because its just such a blatant lie to anyone who knows anything about computers but for ordinary people, it just seems dishonest.
Anyway, I was bored so I posted and had a rant :D 

Funny how some things never change............. :pt1cable: 
September 17, 2007 9:12:46 PM

One of the best examples of this is "turbocache" and "hyper-memory".
September 17, 2007 9:32:00 PM

Well they are powerful integrated solutions for games indeed, just not games from the past decade. That's because every PR department is full of lying pricks that have no consideration for ignorant people.
September 17, 2007 9:36:11 PM

Quote:
woah, they sound fast, are they new.

You bet they are!
September 18, 2007 5:54:24 PM

PC world is just plain crap. Notice how majority of the employees know nothing about computers bar a couple in the entire store.
September 18, 2007 5:57:27 PM

Intel should actually make integrated graphics half decent though :D 
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 18, 2007 6:20:28 PM

I hear they bought Havok. Maybe Intel's next integrated graphics will kick a$$.
September 18, 2007 6:22:59 PM

It's all about money, not a damn thing funny, gotta have a con in this land of milk and honey.
September 18, 2007 6:31:18 PM

I remember thinking how cool my friend's Turbo button on his old ass computer was. With turbo in you would get 12Mhz of power! Without it you only had 8Mhz... I always wondered why someone wouldn't be running it with the turbo button, unless they had heat issues.
September 18, 2007 6:35:46 PM

Some older programs had problems because they couldn't adjust to the faster clock. Mostly games I think. They would run too fast. The turbo button was actually there to slow the system down not speed it up.
September 18, 2007 7:17:22 PM

That makes sense now. Kind of like the old "Flying Through Space" Screensaver, everytime I got a new computer, you'd fly through space faster...
September 18, 2007 7:26:42 PM

Try copying the old solitaire card game "sol.exe" from win98 to XP. The cards at the end zip down in about one second.
!