Problem with laptop drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv1795

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hi, I have Gateway m-6850fx laptop. It came installed with Windows Vista 32-bit, but I will upgrade the RAM soon, so I installed Windows 7 64-bit on it.
Before the installation, my onboard microphone worked when loading up teamspeak or skype. I could just talk without needing to do anything special. Now, despite it being able to see the microphone, as enabled it does not capture my voice when i speak. Same with teamspeak, I am listed as being connected with a microphone but it doesn't register my talking.

The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor said that my computer should work fine with Windows 7 32-bit, is my problem that I am using 64-bit, or are the drivers I want just not being auto-installed by windows updater?

dv1795

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Oh yeah I was also wondering about my webcam. I used to have a program which did something... (Never used the program, but I would like to have the Windows 7 equivalent if I ever want to use the webcam.)

dv1795

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Thanks! I clicked on the first link out of impatience (almost immediately after I posted) rebooted my computer and it worked, who knows though, maybe the second would have as well... Anyways thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.