EVGA 680i Post Code - -

cypher3501

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
Hello people:

I have a problem with my new eVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard 122-CK-NF68-A1 for the record I am using it with Thermaltake Kandalf va9000 chasis and Thermaltake thoughpower 750W Powersupply, 2gb Corsair Dominator RAM , Conroe 2 duo E 6600 and EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS 320 MB PCIe Video Card

When I turn it on for first time the power didnt worked properly just power on for one second and turn off at that moment I had all conected with 3 powers 8pin power , 24 pin ATX and the extra one for video (the connector is built in motherboard) when I disconect the extra for video with just 8pin power and 24 pin atx the power went normally but I never got video signal and all the time I saw two dashes - - in the displays in the Motherboard. After read the article in the faqs http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=57921 I tryed with the motherboard outside of the chasis and only witht he microprocessor and the two power connectors ( 24atx pin and 8 pin ) waiting for a beep because there was no ram but still doing the same showing me the two dashes - -

This is my situation I bought this in amazon and the seller was Antonline
The problem is I am mexican and I live in Guadalajara Jalisco I bought this on vacations few weeks ago and I dont know if the warranty will apply to me and other guys tell me if apply will take serveral time to cross country
I was wondering if somone could help me with this trying to do something else or what suggest me to do in my case I am really confused

Thank you so much for your help I will be waiting your answer

P.D: - - since the faq means the motherboard cant start POST cycle ( I am not sure what that means )

jed256

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
I was having problems with my motherboard and I found your problem when I was doing searches.

Mine is fixed now. :wahoo: I found 1) it didn't like my memory that I took from an older working system and 2) I needed to power the extra video power connector even with a PCI video card.

What's going on with yours? Are the POST codes of the motherboard display changing? If not, make sure your memory is correctly seated. Even the memory that the motherboard didn't like showed changing codes until it stopped at C1.

(By The Way: POST stands for Power On Self Test, and the codes are what shows on the two digit display on our motherboards. Only really fancy motherboards like this model have the display built-in. I have a diagnostic card for my other motherboards that shows the codes.)

If they ARE changing, what codes does it beep on and where does it stop? You can look these up in the manual that came on the driver CD.

If you've already fixed your problem, please let us know.