t-wei

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Hello,
I think i've got the blazefind virus! I experienced this logon-logoff loop so i googled it and found out that there was a possible virus so i booted in safe mode and did a virus scan, but all the files were blocked and not able to analyze. I turned off the comp and tried the next day to get back into safe mode booting to the cd rom with the BartPE but 1. comp won't let me boot from cd rom and 2. the logon-logoff loop problem has affected the safe mode as well. is there anything i can do at this point?

saran008

Distinguished
Download malwarebytes!
Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ .
Malwarebytes is one of the best & effective antimalware tool out there.
Go to safe mode with networking!

Install Malwarebytes & Scan & remove your blazefind virus.

t-wei

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

how do i go to safe mode with networking?

saran008

Distinguished
if you press F8 while booting you will get menu namely safe mode, safemode with command prompt, safe mode with networking, last known good configuration etc.
from that you have to select, Safe mode with networking!

t-wei

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
okay,
first of all thanks for continuing to respond and trying to help me. here's what i've done, i downloaded the malwarebytes thing, burned it onto a cd. reset my boot sequence to cdrom only, rebooted in safe mode and it tells me to "strike f1 to retry boot or f2 for setup utility". i tried f1 and it just beeps and spits out the message again. did i mention before that it does the loop thing even in safe mode? i just keep going in circles here. any suggestions?

Malwarebytes isn't a bootable program.

If you can't get into safe mode, you may need to do a windows repair using your windows disc.

Another good tool is the ultimate boot CD. There's all kinds of useful tools here.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

t-wei

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
okay, thanks!
just to let you know i have the BartPE cd and tried that already, but as i explained in the first thread, my comp refuses to boot from cd rom. i tried two ways, first i adjusted the boot sequence to cd rom first, (didn't work), then i disabled the hdd and diskette and left only the cd rom on the boot sequence. that's when it started doing the f1, f2 (as mentioned in my last message) thing over and over again.

also what exactly do i need to download from that website you gave me the link for?
thanks