I was shocked when I saw the price of the QX6700

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I built a computer in February and it included the QX6700. I saw the price today on Newegg and I could not believe that it was $500 more then I paid in February! Is this possible? I normally check my invoices and like a new car purchase, I lose 20-30% shortly after I buy it. This was refreshing. Can someone explain why this happened? Did the QX6700 gain popularity or something? I paid less then 1k in February.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
The 6700 didn't gain popularity.

The price dropped because of reasons why any other technology becomes cheaper

- Over time the manufacturing of the product becomes cheaper
- Superior or newer products are released
- Maybe, the increase of the value of the money of your country in the stock market

Also the uber high-end stuff in technology rapidly lose their value, it's a fact, deal with it! :D

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
You guys must think I'm crazy but I'm not. At least I hope not... :pt1cable: Anyways, check out my link and you can see the receipt for yourself. This if from their site. When I click on that item now on their site, it shows the price at.....well you know. What do you guys think? Did I get just an awesome deal on this or what?

http://www.hotel-directory.com/invoice.html

GTengineer

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2007

The Q6700 was only recently released, it is similar to QX6700 but it is G0 stepping (all of them) and have locked multiplier.

GTengineer

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2007

oh, it was probably newegg acting up. Their system updates prices automatically and some times it does ridiculous things. :)

DJ_Jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007

Ditto on GTEngineer's post. Newegg is notorious for wild price fluctuations when their stock is low on something. It's their automated pricing software algorithm. Freaky, huh? :pt1cable:

Love the Egg... hate their pricing software sometimes. All you have to do is wait a few hours sometimes and it seems to correct itself.... or maybe it's "coming to it's senses"? :lol: