Sign in with
Your question

I was shocked when I saw the price of the QX6700

Last response: in CPUs
September 4, 2007 8:13:00 AM

I built a computer in February and it included the QX6700. I saw the price today on Newegg and I could not believe that it was $500 more then I paid in February! Is this possible? I normally check my invoices and like a new car purchase, I lose 20-30% shortly after I buy it. This was refreshing. Can someone explain why this happened? Did the QX6700 gain popularity or something? I paid less then 1k in February.

More about : shocked price qx6700

September 4, 2007 8:27:51 AM

what this crap?
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2007 10:06:51 AM

The 6700 didn't gain popularity.

The price dropped because of reasons why any other technology becomes cheaper

- Over time the manufacturing of the product becomes cheaper
- Superior or newer products are released
- Maybe, the increase of the value of the money of your country in the stock market

Also the uber high-end stuff in technology rapidly lose their value, it's a fact, deal with it! :D 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 4, 2007 3:06:09 PM

whops :na:  didn't read it carefully
September 4, 2007 7:16:03 PM

You guys must think I'm crazy but I'm not. At least I hope not... :pt1cable:  Anyways, check out my link and you can see the receipt for yourself. This if from their site. When I click on that item now on their site, it shows the price at.....well you know. What do you guys think? Did I get just an awesome deal on this or what?

http://www.hotel-directory.com/invoice.html
September 4, 2007 7:38:06 PM

tvuk said:
I believe he is saying that his processor is now more expensive than it was in February.

Maybe you bought a Q6700? They are much cheaper now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

The Q6700 was only recently released, it is similar to QX6700 but it is G0 stepping (all of them) and have locked multiplier.
September 4, 2007 7:42:52 PM

I apologize. Last night when I clicked on the link for that item, it was over $1500. Sorry for the misunderstanding

John
September 4, 2007 9:11:54 PM

johnstac said:
I apologize. Last night when I clicked on the link for that item, it was over $1500. Sorry for the misunderstanding

John

oh, it was probably newegg acting up. Their system updates prices automatically and some times it does ridiculous things. :) 
September 4, 2007 10:07:50 PM

Must be nice to own a QX6700 with 2 8800 GTXs in SLI.
September 4, 2007 10:28:08 PM

johnstac said:

John

Ditto on GTEngineer's post. Newegg is notorious for wild price fluctuations when their stock is low on something. It's their automated pricing software algorithm. Freaky, huh? :pt1cable: 

Love the Egg... hate their pricing software sometimes. All you have to do is wait a few hours sometimes and it seems to correct itself.... or maybe it's "coming to it's senses"? :lol: 
September 4, 2007 10:31:04 PM

I hope that thing is overclocked.
!