Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Hibernate
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 1, 2007 7:43:38 PM

Hey all,

I've just built a new HTPC with windows vista ultimate running on it and every time I press the power button on my MCE remote control it puts my computer into hibernate mode. The problem is that if my computer is in that mode for more then about 15 min it won't wake up. When I press the power button on my remote I see the HD led flash a bit and then stop and the tv recieves no input during the whole process. Even if I press ctrl-alt-del my several times my computer won't respond so I have to manually reboot it. I turned all my power setting to off ( including hard drive) and it still didn't work, and I have all the latest drivers. Help pls

system specs:
cpu: E6550
RAM: 2 gb ocz reaper 6400
mobo: gigabyte p35-s3
video card: powercolor 2600xt
PSU : HEC 500W
TV card: Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE kit
HD: Westren Digital WD3200AAKS 320GB

More about : computer wake hibernate

September 1, 2007 8:23:58 PM

The problem is windows vista, there is a fix coming in Service Pack 1, it's being tested by consumers as we speak.. I apologize that I don't have the link, but if you type in service pack 1 for Vista, you will find it under fixes..I never never buy anything brand new for that very reason, with he exception of games, which are usually bugged to :kaola:  !! Good luck
September 1, 2007 8:47:39 PM

so basiclly there is nothing i can do now?
!