Help with Bios settings..

musicmad

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue. when playing visualisations in windows media player, my console temperature only reaches to 45 or 50 celsius, where as then an alarm is activated, i've been told its due to my bios settings and that i have an option to ajust the temperature setting for higher or lower, is this correct?? and if so how do i configure it, i'm doing the research but am new to all this.

Thanks
Musicmad

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

What motherboard is it?

You go into the BIOS by pressing the Delete key (probably) when it posts.

There should be something like "PC Health Status" or "PC Monitoring"

It should be in there somewhere with the option to turn it up.

musicmad

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

Hi,

The motherboard's an (ASUS P5GD2X) i dont quite follow the instructions about the deleting, also about the posting thing, please explaine..

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Pressing Delete brings up the BIOS.

POST = Power On Self Test. This is when the computer beeps.

In the BIOS you can configure options on the motherboard.

colster

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
When you start the system keep pressing the delete key like previously instructed you will be faced with a menu this is the bios. The option your intrested in will be named <PC HEALTH> or <PC MONITOR> or similar the option you want is CPU WARNING TEMPERATURE or again similar. Below is a pic of my bios section not great i know.

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s5030066fh1.jpg

musicmad

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

Sorry guys, i'm completely new to all this. my question is, how do i open the Bios settings to alter my temperature gage..

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007

When your screen comes on when you first start your computer,you should press the DELETE key on your keyboard to get into your BIOS menu.

colster

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
Hi again

If you cant get into the bios when pressing the delete key on your keyboard at startup then you need to try a different key say F!, or F2 cos different motherboards use different key combos to enter the bios. Most use the delete key thats why we suggested that key if you know what motherboard you have post it and we will get back to you.

musicmad

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

Ok, Its an ASUS-P5GD2X Motherboard..

colster

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
Hi again

The link is to a pic of your main bios menu on the top you will see five options: " Main, Advanced, Power, Boot, Exit". You want the power option you can highlight this by using the arrow keys when on the bios main menu. In this selection you will see the hardware monitor selection this is what you want to highlight again with the arrow keys to move with and when on it just press enter on the keyboard. When in this section try disabling the "Q fan control" and hopefully this will do it.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/528/asusp5gd2mainmenugr7.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8625/asushardwaremonitorui9.jpg

musicmad

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

Hi Colster,
Thanks for the links, i took on your instruction's "which where a great help" and know i have accessed the main bios menu. you mentioned disabling the (Q fan control?) but this is where i get a bit hazy because there are 3 options for temperature, an 4 options for fan speed, but which from the 7 is the correct one to alter??